Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little brother is finishing up his last Navy cruise in the middle east and of course he is 22, single and has more money that sense. His latest plan is to get back next month, buy a Fox and basically spend his savings turning into a nice, reliable street machine.
Not sure what kind of homework he is doing out there, but before he left he had no idea what a Foxbody even was. Anyway, he ordered an engine and lots-o-parts last week and they arrived at my door today.

Does this look like he has been doing some homework or what?

-Stock rebuilt shortblock .40 over
-AFR 165's
-TFS stage 2
-Polished Typhoon intake manifold (upper & lower)
-MSD billet distributor
-Ford racing 24lb injectors
-Calibrated air meter
-BBK long tubes
-BBK H-pipe
-MAC dumps
-Electric waterpump
-Polished underdrive pulleys
-Ford Racing balancer
-PP 75mm throttle body
-Canton 7qt oil pan
-King Cobra clutch kit
-Billet flywheel
-Fel-pro gasket kit
-ARP hardware

He says there is a tubular K-member on the way, and some other parts. My garage looks like an actual speed shop right now...lol
If my engine wasn't completed and ready to be installed already, I would have had to "try" some of them out....:D

I told him to slow it down considering he doesn't even have a car picked out yet, but he is seriously anticipating his freedom next month. He wanted me to start on the assembly, but since he doesn't have allot of automotive knowledge, I'll wait for him and he can learn a thing or two. I'm sure he will be a regular member of this board when he gets back :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Well get him on here. He's got a really good list going, I personally would go with a Spec 1 or a Centerforce Dual Friction over the King Cobra but that's me.

R

·
0 Posts
Well get him on here. He's got a really good list going, I personally would go with a Spec 1 or a Centerforce Dual Friction over the King Cobra but that's me.
i agree i would go with a spec stage 1 over the king cobra....

also based on the parts list i would reconsider the electric water pump.....

don't let him forget the suspension upgrades.....

·
Registered
124 Posts
Looks like a good list of parts so far.

don't let him forget the suspension upgrades.....
x2. Very, very important, especially considering how gung-ho he seems to be at this point.

Do you know what year/body style he is looking for?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the polished factor is probably what sold him on the Typhoon...lol
He plans on buying something '90 to '93, there is something about the 80's he isn't so into???? i dunno....
I might put the king cobra on my car since my clutch is on the way out anyway, and recommend he go with the spec kit.

He is really committed to this so I hope he slows down and paces himself. :hihi:

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
first thing when he gets home, thank him, from all of us! :bigthumbsup and yes that looks like a good combo. tell him to take his time and find the right car.

R

·
0 Posts
I think the polished factor is probably what sold him on the Typhoon...lol
Contrary to popular beleif the the Typhoon is not a bad intake.....

It most likely will need the ports cleaned up and gasket matched....

or a true port & polishing they can be made to perform.....:bigthumbsup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.