Ford Mustang Forum banner

Newbie from Geneva IL

338 views 3 replies 1 participant last post by  Snackmaster 
#1 ·
Hello Folks

New to AFM and wanted to say HI. Drive a 2008 Mustang GT. It's just stock for now but have plans for some mods in the future. No pics up yet, but it's black on black.

Had a 91 5.0 years ago. Miss the hell out of that car. Lowered gear ratio's, upgraded the exhaust, air intake and throttle body mods. Hail storm destroyed it's cherry red exterior plus incredible insurance costs made me part ways. But I'm back and ready to have fun.

I do have one dilema and that is whether to buy a 2011 with the 5.0 motor or to upgrade my 2008. Welcome any and all opinions.

Anyways, love to know other members in the area. Who knows maybe will run into each other at a red light in the near future.

G
#2 ·
Welcome to AFM! Hmmmmm... the eternal question of a newer model year or upgrading the current ride. There are so many factors that go into that decision. Browse around and see all the forum sections we have here for you. I guess the decision boils down to budget essentially. Get those pics up and holler if you need anything!
:bigthumbsup

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply snackmaster. Love your rides. I really like what you've done to your '06. Where did you get the rear spoiler and did you do the install yourself. I have the standard wing spoiler but the short lip look is very clean and less Tokyo Drift. Any more pics?

I hear what your saying about cost aspect. Think I just need to test drive a new 11 and see the difference.

G
#4 ·
Thanks! My spoiler is the CDC ducktail. I just had the bodyshop install it when they painted the stripes and added the side louvers. It was basically a few screws and some 3M tape though. When we ordered the 06 we ordered it "spoiler delete" so there wouldn't be any holes to fill in from the pedestal style spoiler. Drive an 11 and let us know what you think. They are beautiful but I myself still kind of prefer the 05-09 body style. Just my opinion.

:bigthumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.