Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
greetings from Sacramento... i just bought a '95 3.8L in great condition except for the driver's power seat doesn't operate back and forth. it does, however, move the seat up and down. the local Ford dealer quoted a fix of $300-$320, which i think is a bit steep, but thought i'd ask all you experts on these things.

my question has to do with how the motor works on the track. if someone could describe that to me and how i can inspect it (preferably without taking the whole seat out) i might be able to eyeball something that might have come loose. pushing the button forward and back doesn't move the seat but you can hear the motor whirring so i'm pretty sure it's not a burned out motor. seems more reasonable that it's whatever traction device moves the seat, no?

anyway, i'm glad to be a Mustang owner and would be grateful for any ideas on this seat problem.

Cheech

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Cheech said:
greetings from Sacramento... i just bought a '95 3.8L in great condition except for the driver's power seat doesn't operate back and forth. it does, however, move the seat up and down. the local Ford dealer quoted a fix of $300-$320, which i think is a bit steep, but thought i'd ask all you experts on these things.

my question has to do with how the motor works on the track. if someone could describe that to me and how i can inspect it (preferably without taking the whole seat out) i might be able to eyeball something that might have come loose. pushing the button forward and back doesn't move the seat but you can hear the motor whirring so i'm pretty sure it's not a burned out motor. seems more reasonable that it's whatever traction device moves the seat, no?

anyway, i'm glad to be a Mustang owner and would be grateful for any ideas on this seat problem.

Cheech
YEah, Ford is awfully proud of its electric motors!!

Pick one up at junkyard. It will save you a ton of money, the installation isn't that bad either.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks but, as i said, i don't think it is the motor since it does move the seat up and down. can you give me an idea of how it moves back and forth, such as, on a belt/pulley system or a rod with threads? that might help isolate the problem.

thanks again for the reply.

Cheech

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same Problem with the 94 3.8L Just bought. The seat moves up and down and the motor clicks when you try to move it forward(meaning it is all the way up). However it will not move back. From what I can tell the motor runs a threaded rod inside the seat tracks on both sides of the seat. Hope that will help you somehow ,but if you get it figured out let me know the what the problem was my guess it the switch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.