Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.Great site here.Just bought my 1st mustang.Couldent pass up the awesome deal.Actually got it from a friend who moved out of state.Its modded to the hill.I may be new to mustangs but not new to cars.I have been doing it for a living for about 15 yrs.I have the engine out since it had no oil press so he thought the engine was blown.Actually the oil pump was loose.The engine had bad rust marks in the cyls but had it bored 30 over & its all set.He recently sent me gt40 heads.I am sending the heads out for a valve job.My 1st question is should I try to smooth out the intake/exh ports myself.A machine shop wants about $300.00 to do this.Is it realistic to try to do this muself?They would match the intake & exh manifolds to the heads.
2nd question is I will be ordering hyputetic K-B pistons.Did a lot of research on them.I was going to go forged but heard there noisy.Dont want that on a new rebuilt engine.Are hyp pistons a goog choice?I have a new cobra intake & a b303 cam.Dont plan on going nitris or s.c.
Also it has crane cam rockers & dont know the torque on them.Any help would be appreciated.
If anyone has any input to my engine rebuilding project or any suggestions it woild be appreciated.This is actually my 1st Ford.I was a bowtie guy but fell in love w/this car.Had to have it.Im sure Ill have lots of questions.Hopefully I will be able to help others on this site.Thanks guys.Later.

·
Registered
70 Posts
from personal experience smoothing out the ports was easy, it wasn't on an injected engine though, it was on a 350 chev pu, but all we did was use an air gun and a sanding wheel, turned out amazing, didn't take to long either. As for the pistons, personally like the forged better, lots of debate on those on this site if you just look at all the posts, good luck on the rebuild:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.