Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I purchased my 96'Mustang Gt in June.I've had it repainted,suspension mods,aftermarket Bullit wheels(17x8front/17x9's rear)and G-Force KDW's. I did manage to enter 1 show and take a top 3 in my class out of 35 entrants.I ran it up at Bandimere's(Morrison,CO) at the club clash in the Phantom club since I knew none of the Mustang club folks.I ran a 14.2 @98mph and .012R/T.
I'm extremely happy with my first Mustang and hope to buy a new 05' in a couple of months. I have been involved with the older muscle car scene since 1985 and restored 12 cars including a 67'Coronet R/T,66'ImpalaSS,64;ImpalaSS,68 Camero,3 diffrerent 67 AMC Rebels,69'JavelinSST(390-4spd),66'Charger and a 71 Cougar.I'm sure I missed a few but they were all fun and getting to experience all these different cars was a lot of fun.
My interest in the newer Mustang was the safety factor,four wheel disc brakes,air bags and better handling.Darth:cooldude:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My time on the Forum is short lived here on this Forum.Having my 96'MustangGT called a "turd" really sucks. I am a gentleman and would surely be considerate of others. I really didn't come here to put a "turd" on this Forum.

·
Banned
918 Posts
Then do not join any other site as they refer to them as well;)

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After a lucky break on a great trade price on my 96'GT I now have an 06'GT...Blackfang...I hope you would understand how my pride got in the way,please forgive me.I would be proud to own any Mustang reguardless of the labeled status some models aquire.

I didn't expect to a land an 06'GT(deluxe) until January but it was a great deal and the performance is awesome...now which power chip do I go with?:smilie

·
Registered
668 Posts
Congrats on your new '06 and welcome to the site.

·
Banned
918 Posts
Darth said:
After a lucky break on a great trade price on my 96'GT I now have an 06'GT...Blackfang...I hope you would understand how my pride got in the way,please forgive me.I would be proud to own any Mustang reguardless of the labeled status some models aquire.

I didn't expect to a land an 06'GT(deluxe) until January but it was a great deal and the performance is awesome...now which power chip do I go with?:smilie
I didn't say it to be mean or hurt feelings. I normally say that as on 6+ other sites I am on, the shops and the Mod motor community the 96-98 GT's are reffered to that name. Not that the car is bad, but thats what they are called.

It is just some on here take things to a new level and are very young and willing to call BS or wrong on anything that doesnt agree with them, even if they are wrong. I am not perfect by a long shot, but being around a while has taught me a thing or two.

Enjoy your new 06 GT

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks BlackFang,

I totally understand about the BS.I did however fail to mention the car had NOS.It was a small shot about 50HP system is all I know but it did work so with out it ,it prolly would have been maybe a 15.8 1/4 mile time.

Anyhoo the 06' is awesome and I really like stock performance.:smilie Darth

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have also wrecked my stang

Hey blackfang I also have a 97 Cobra that i just landed in a ditch and i am looking for some advise on body parts. I live in NC any help you have will be appreciated thanks. I have some pics attached they are kinda large but you can see most of the damage. I also dont know if I can straighten the front of it or not.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts