Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!! I am a girl with an all Black 5.0 Mustang 2011. My lights are pink and will soon have a Pink pony in the back window. It is very much a girl car and looking to keep it that way! I have wanted a 5.0 since I was 13 years old and so incredibly happy they decided to bring them back! I almost bought a mustang last year but heard rumble of the 5.0 and decided to wait. So glad I did. It is a dream! I have had it to 145 with no issues and looking forward to racing it against someone in the near furture.

I found this site because I am having a weird issue with it. It has happened to me before quite a bit in 1st gear, it pulls itself out. I am not tacking out the car by any means when this happens but I just thought maybe it was me resting my hand to hard on the gear shift and possibly pulling it out. Yesterday I was "playing" with the car and it happened to me in both 2nd and 3rd gear and there was no way it was me accidently pulling it out of gear. I know I was tacking it out, I was trying to, but as soon as it hit close to 7500 it would drop the gear. Is this normal?

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is definitely not normal. I wouldn't "play around" with it anymore until you have someone look at it. It's a brand new car, it should NOT be doing that.

Welcome to the mustang 5.0 world!! This is a great site and there are very knowledgeable people here who can help you out. I would recommend re-posting this in the 5.0 Tech forum with a different title explaining your issue.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!! I was planning to post there but this site is really very slow and I needed to go. I am off to post there now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts