Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay all, I ordered an 08 GT last Friday and want some black wheels instead of the grey looking stockers. I found these:

and they are the style I want but the offset is 24mm. The stock wheel is 45mm so that is a difference of a little over 3/4". Is that okay for this car? I know I won't be rubbing anything on the inside but I don't want the tires sticking out beyond the fender wells like some hillbilly. The distributor says the sidewall of the tire will be flush with the fender and that he has sold thousands of these for the S197 with no fit problems. Yep and salesman tell no lies either. You guys, however, I trust so give me the skinny please. Thanks.

Andy

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so they are a deepdish style. I think those will be fine. Good looking rim!
Okay, good to hear. BTW to all others that size/style is 17X9 Deep Lip Cobra R Style wheels and I want to just replace the wheels but keep the stock tires for now. I want to spend money on some other things first like new mufflers, window tint, quarter window louvers, chin spoiler, CAI and tune, then maybe some bigger wheels/tires later on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.