Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd join up, so here I am!

I'm not "the wife" but it's definitely the "Wife's Car" (and she don't do much internetting) so that's why the nick. I got it for her for her 40th birthday, which will be 11 years ago come April. '89 GT Vert, it's been a great car, in all that time the only repair has been a new fuel pump. Still bone stock, just barely hit 90,000 miles and is still in super shape. However, the top & paint are needing some attention so at this moment it's in the shop... It's still going to be white, but with several coats of blue pearl...in the shade it'll look nice & white but the paint will color-shift blue to violet in the 'right' light.

While it's in the shop, we're looking for some different wheels for it, but it seems these 4-luggers never caught on with the aftermarket wheel companies? All I can seem to find (affordable anyway) are variations of thin 5-spokes wheels, usually 17"...the wife don't want 17" wheels, and neither of us care for all the 'air space' between the thin spokes. Seems like Weld dragstars are everywhere, but we don't care for those either. Going thru catalogs and online, every wheel we DO like, they don't make to fit the 'stang. As for factory-style, the only ones we care for are the turbines that's on it. $160 will get them polished like mirrors, so we may just go that route.

It's supposed to be all finished up in a week (has only been gone a week!), hopefully my trusty Sony will be able to do it justice!

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you ever do a 5 lug conversion these wheels would look awesome.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-9...ryZ43957QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Keep in mind going with a 9" wide rim on the front of a fox means limited turning and possible rubbing issues if too low. Also being an 89 the fenderwells are smaller so maybe this isn't such a good rim for ya. Sorry guy...might want to look into getting some 4 lug 16" Pony Rims

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
The turbines, polished, would look pretty cool with the right paint accents, in the right color.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wife's Mustang said:
Thought I'd join up, so here I am!

...It's supposed to be all finished up in a week (has only been gone a week!), hopefully my trusty Sony will be able to do it justice!
Hey- Looks like a cool car, and i'm sure the paint will make it better still!
I just joined as well, and have your cars' brother- another 89 GT Ragtop... Actually contemplating putting a white stripe on mine where your red stripe is...

If you have the turbines polished, i would live to see them- So far it is the only wheel that I really like...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.