Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 3V 4.6
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a 15 year hiatus from Mustang ownership, I'm back in the game. Can't currently afford my bucket list 66 Fastback so I decided to go with a body style I haven't owned previously. I found a deal I couldn't refuse on a 2007 GT.
One owner, garage kept since day one, 44k miles and damn near perfect condition in every way.
This is my 7th Mustang. I'm an old school small block guy. I've had (2) 66 coupes, a 73, 84, 86 & 91.
This 3V 4.6 is all new to me. I look forward to learning from the expertise in the group.
Thanks in advance to answering my dumb questions...
Vehicle Motor vehicle Blue Hood Automotive design
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Administrator
5,719 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
We encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
Do you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you have chosen to be a part of our community.

·
Registered
11,804 Posts
welcome to the site

car looks good . . . I hope you got the tuner device with it

·
Registered
2014 GT, 1967 Fairlane GTA
3,588 Posts
She sure look clean. Wonder where they got the factory Bullitt mufflers from? Been trying to find those myself.
The Bullitt mufflers for the 2005-09 are/were actually available from Ford Performance Parts part # M-5230-GTB. From the catalog page description: Muffler used as standard equipment on the 2008 Mustang BULLITT™. Unfortunately, they won't fit your 2011 but are/were available for anyone with a 2005-09 GT. Idk if they may have been discontinued but they were in the 2020 catalog.
2020FPPcatalog.pdf (ford.com)

·
Registered
2014 GT, 1967 Fairlane GTA
3,588 Posts
Generally, mufflers are configured differently for different models. With modern cars you aren't dealing with more open spaces underneath like on classics and so the muffler offset, inlet/outlet pipe size, length, height, bend of any attached piping, hanger location, etc all will dictate if it can physically fit under a car or not. Sometimes you can "make" a muffler work acceptably but many times you can't.
Even if you buy a universal muffler you have to buy it in the correct arrangement and shape. The entire exhaust is different on the 4.6L and 5.0L S197 Mustang.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts