Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 V6 Mustang Convertible.

Its a standard and i need to make it faster.

From what i read the two best ways to start (like any tuner car) is Cold Air and Exaust....not a big surprise.

what i DO wonder is, Do you people have any specific suggestions on the right way to go. so i dont get nailed for crappy emissions and so i dont end up with a CAI that does nooooothing.

As far as the car goes its gonna be an everyday driver and i want it to move. but keep its sophistication. (no tin can exaust notes please)

i do plan on slipping a twin turbo setup in the car in the future so the Exaust should be about 2.5 inches on the opening. underdrive pullys and a chip will also help.

Anyway, if anyone has any specific packages that i should pick up i would love to hear about them and why. Preciate the help guys/girls. :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey Impact,

From what I've been told by veterans on the forum is that the best bang for buck will be the following:

Underdriver Pulleys (RPMoutlet.com or Steeda.com)
Cold Air Intake
Exhaust
Tuner (Hypertech or Jones Engineering Technology)

I was told that simply modding to underdriver pulleys could yield an extra 15 HP from my Stang. Don't know about your model.

It is my personal opinion that you're asking for trouble with a Turbo. It'll be somewhat expensive, and cost you in long term maintenance issues. I'd suggest researching the pros and cons a little more.

·
Registered
169 Posts
GEARS!!!!!!!! 4.10's will not be dissapointed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts