Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for input on what my next modification should be. Car is a DD, 35k miles it sees little to no drag time, never been on a circuit track or auto-x dont really plan on it.

So far:
Sportline Springs
BMR adj. panhard bar
DSS 1piece drive shaft
3.73 gears
Airaid CAI
Bama Tune
Roush Axle backs
255/275 nitto invo's
18x9 AMR wheels

What im considering:
Eibach Adj. rear sway bar
Barton 2 post bracket
JLT oil separator

Planning on waiting till 50k for shocks/struts.

Any other ideas/suggestions? :help:

·
Registered
708 Posts
1. Barton 2 Post Bracket
2. JLT Oil Separator
3. Eibach RSB

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Looking for input on what my next modification should be. Car is a DD, 35k miles it sees little to no drag time, never been on a circuit track or auto-x dont really plan on it.
That's one heck of a mod list for someone not wanting to push their car too hard!

Whether you push your car hard or not though, an aftermarket 2-post bracket is totally the way to go.

I wouldn't put sways on unless a person does both fronts and rears at the same time.

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Supercharger? Mines a DD too. So much fun though. Why let it go to waste?

·
Registered
275 Posts
2 post and LCA?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like the consensus is to pickup the barton 2 post.

i want to go o/r with headers or maybe just a mid pipe i just worry the sound will be less than desirable. ideal setup would LTs, o/r h, borla touring or s type axleback and have either 2 or 4 resonators welded in.

In regards to cosmetic mod questions, i have GT front bunper, saleen grill, gt/cs lower fascia, rtr spoiler, decklid panel, painted taillights and sidemarkers, painted mirror caps. in addition to my AMR wheels.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
MGW shifter or something that you may have not not thought worth mentioning or doing upgraded sound system

·
Registered
1,432 Posts

So far:
Sportline Springs
BMR adj. panhard bar
DSS 1piece drive shaft
3.73 gears
Airaid CAI
Bama Tune
Roush Axle backs
255/275 nitto invo's
18x9 AMR wheels

What im considering:
Eibach Adj. rear sway bar
Barton 2 post bracket
JLT oil separator

Planning on waiting till 50k for shocks/struts.

Any other ideas/suggestions? :help:
I would get the Eibach adjustable sway bar kit instead of just the rear sway bar.

Other possibilities:

0) Bump-steer kit (correct the geometry on the front end on a lowered car)

1) Adjustable rear LCA *and* LCA relocation brackets (corrects LCA gemoetry on a lowered car)

2) Steeda or FRPP front LCA (better bushings and ball joint)

3) Front GT brake rotors (bigger brakes mean better stopping power)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MGW shifter or something that you may have not not thought worth mentioning or doing upgraded sound system
MGW is an option too. They're pricy but it would be worth it i know. Maybe replace the front speakers, i dont really want to add any more unnecessary weight. lol.

I would get the Eibach adjustable sway bar kit instead of just the rear sway bar.

Other possibilities:

0) Bump-steer kit (correct the geometry on the front end on a lowered car)

1) Adjustable rear LCA *and* LCA relocation brackets (corrects LCA gemoetry on a lowered car)

2) Steeda or FRPP front LCA (better bushings and ball joint)

3) Front GT brake rotors (bigger brakes mean better stopping power)
I've thought about the bumpsteer kit, i know you recently installed it. Notice a big difference? i've thought about lca's and relocations but i really dont have that much wheel hop. Not really interested in a front LCA yet. GT brakes and rotors are definitely something i've been thinking about, i have a drive side brake squeak currently, but i was going to put off doing brakes until 50k or as close as i can get to that. I want to do stainless lines front and rear with upgraded pads and gt front rotors, thought about a brake duct kit as well.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I've thought about the bumpsteer kit, i know you recently installed it. Notice a big difference? i've thought about lca's and relocations but i really dont have that much wheel hop. Not really interested in a front LCA yet. GT brakes and rotors are definitely something i've been thinking about, i have a drive side brake squeak currently, but i was going to put off doing brakes until 50k or as close as i can get to that. I want to do stainless lines front and rear with upgraded pads and gt front rotors, thought about a brake duct kit as well.
I installed the bumpsteer kit at the same time as installing new front LCAs. The difference is pretty astounding. The bumpsteer kit eliminated the loose condition I had in off-camber down-hill turns. I'm sure the improved LCAs had something to do with that as well, but I think the bumpsteer kit was the primary source of the improved handling. The car was also kinda scary to drive in the rain because the rear end had absolutely no compunction about swinging out on me after sudden course corrections. It's a lot better now - I think a bumpsteer kit is a valid upgrade for any car, but even more-so for a lowered car.

Regarding rear LCA relocation - I didn't have any wheel hop either, but it seems to hook up a lot better now.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I installed the bumpsteer kit at the same time as installing new front LCAs. The difference is pretty astounding. The bumpsteer kit eliminated the loose condition I had in off-camber down-hill turns. I'm sure the improved LCAs had something to do with that as well, but I think the bumpsteer kit was the primary source of the improved handling. The car was also kinda scary to drive in the rain because the rear end had absolutely no compunction about swinging out on me after sudden course corrections. It's a lot better now - I think a bumpsteer kit is a valid upgrade for any car, but even more-so for a lowered car.

Regarding rear LCA relocation - I didn't have any wheel hop either, but it seems to hook up a lot better now.
Very helpful man thank you. Which bumpsteer kit did you go with? Steeda?

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Very helpful man thank you. Which bumpsteer kit did you go with? Steeda?
Yeah, but truth be told, they're all the same... Steeda has a good cust service rep though. I ordered them through AM, but I had to go dircet to Steeda for the front LCAs.

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
1. UPR control arms
2. Koni shocks & struts (worth every penny)
3. Eibach front and rear swaybars.

B

·
0 Posts
Not sure how much you want to spend, but I'd get some LCAs, rear sway bar end links (instead of sway bar) and a bigger front sway bar. I'd also consider some rate matching springs and dampers. Some other options would be throttle body, shorty headers or ported manifolds.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the suggestions all, i ordered the Barton 2-post bracket yesterday. Trying to decide if i want to buy anything else lol.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions all, i ordered the Barton 2-post bracket yesterday. Trying to decide if i want to buy anything else lol.
Oh, you most certainly do. :)

It's a freakin' sickness.

By the end of this month, I hope to have exceeded the $20k mark for mods. :)

J

·
0 Posts
I love what Eibach sway bars did for cornering. The car went from boat-like to...speedboat like. lol but seriously sway bars are simple, fairly cheap and make a difference you'll feel on every turn.

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Oh, you most certainly do. :)

It's a freakin' sickness.

By the end of this month, I hope to have exceeded the $20k mark for mods. :)
I was just thinking the same thing... OF COURSE you want more mods. You don't even have a choice! It's not if, but when. :bigthumbsup

1 - 20 of 26 Posts