Ford Mustang Forum banner

NEXT PEFORMANCE MOD

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I realized there are a lot of members here with a similar setup performance wise...

1)Tuner
2)CAI
3)Exhaust

What's your guy's next plan on next performance mod? Any reason with why that would be your next mod? I see a lot of people going with 3.73 Gear swap, and full exhaust overhall with the BBK Headers and O/R X-pipe. I would like to get some useful opinions from some drivers that use their stang for daily driving rather than 1/4 mile runs. I appreciate any input.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I really want to go with some LT headers just because of the fact of its beastly sound with the O/R pipe, and just completing my entire exhaust for full HP performance gain.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I really want to go with some LT headers just because of the fact of its beastly sound with the O/R pipe, and just completing my entire exhaust for full HP performance gain.
If you do go the header route..just dont get the BBK ones..IMO they sound terrible!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you do go the header route..just dont get the BBK ones..IMO they sound terrible!
Really you think they sound terrible from that youtube vid? Man I thought they sounded great without the roush axlebacks installed. As far as I know Borla and BBK and the only companies that are even taking any type of interest for headers for the '11 V6s.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I would say gear swap, but I am biased :) What kind of wheels/tires do you have right now? Gear swap will still keep you street legal.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Really you think they sound terrible from that youtube vid? Man I thought they sounded great without the roush axlebacks installed. As far as I know Borla and BBK and the only companies that are even taking any type of interest for headers for the '11 V6s.
from the ones ive seen on youtube..they make it sound really raspy..could just be me..but in other dicussions others also have agreed. The Borla ones prob would be better but more expensive.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would say gear swap, but I am biased :) What kind of wheels/tires do you have right now? Gear swap will still keep you street legal.
I just got the stock 17X9 rims right now with some michelin 255/50/17 tires

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
from the ones ive seen on youtube..they make it sound really raspy..could just be me..but in other dicussions others also have agreed. The Borla ones prob would be better but more expensive.

Well Borla is hella expensive ass headers are just way outta budget right now as for headers go, BBK are least expensive esp since they are the only ones who carry ceramic LT's. Plus, not even Borla or any 3.7 driver has made a sound clip for those headers yet. Can't really justify anything with those Borla headers without a legit sound clip and dyno on what their performance increase is with them. I really want to wait by the end of the year if anything else comes out. Kooks headers would be awesome.

G

·
For me it's wheels/tires, driveshaft and then 3.73 gears.

At some point I will get springs and lower control arms, but not sure when that will happen.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
My next is wheels/tires as well. I got my driveshaft in this last week and plan to install it before I hit up open lapping in Washington :)

·
Registered
612 Posts
i would do the drive shaft or wheels and tires. I am waiting for some more options on the headers.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So some of you Manual Trans guys prefer the aluminum driveshaft and short shifter huh, well I was looking into that but there no point in that for me since i got an auto.

I guess like crescent i would agree and be wise to wait for more options for headers.

As for tires any specifics on wheel size maybe some 18's or 19's? Sumimoto or Nitto tires?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nothing to be concerned over here in hawaii regarding emissions testing bc we don't have one here.:winks

·
Registered
491 Posts
according to AM the driveshaft they sell takes .7 sec off your 0-60. no ones really sure if thats not a typo yet but still.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I would say none of the above and get some tires for handling

·
Registered
359 Posts
according to AM the driveshaft they sell takes .7 sec off your 0-60. no ones really sure if thats not a typo yet but still.
Haha, if that's true (5.0 to 4.3), that is a no-brainer mod ;)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Gears and/or drive shaft (if it comes in in time)

G

·
Rims/tires and sway bars. But that's not really "drag racing" sort of stuff.

The thing that will increase your times the most, bang for the buck, are some drag radials. Look for some cheap 17 inch wheels on craigslist to mount some drag radials on. The 05-09 GT 17 inch wheels are dirt cheap.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts