Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just coming home from picking up some BBQ. Notice some familiar lights behind me, a late '80s stang. Go to turn in the neighborhood and he comes around me and gooses it. Sounds good, let's see if it'll run. I pull back out behind him and we turn onto a side road. Pull up beside him and he wants to run. He gets the hole shot and I light 'em up all the way through first:happyhapp . Then hit the freakin' rev limiter going into second:doh: . He keeps a nose on me through third and I shut it down, narrow road for side-by-side at 80-plus. Stop to talk. It was an '89 GT heavily modded. It ran GOOD! I think I could have taken him with a better start and staying out of the limiter on the 1-2 shift. Maybe next time:winks .

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Maybe!??! And better luck then!

Hopefully he now knows that the 05's are not 'just lookers!' :winks

·
Registered
736 Posts
Good try. Be carefull though. Mustangs are like imports, they are either slow as hell or very fast, and you can never tell because they all sound the same.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, he sounded good. I knew he'd give me a good run. I should've beat him, but, props where they're due, he edged me out. That was a nice running '89! I probably would've run about a 14.5 or so quarter and I've done much better. Just proves that the faster car doesn't always win, It's still always fun:winks .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.