Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw lovemystang22’s thread and did not want to hijack so…

I shot this video (extracted the audio and turned it into a makeshift AM exhaust clip) of my car on Thursday morning just before work. I have this:
Ninosport Dual Exhaust Conversion Kit - NSV605
Coupled with this:
SSS Terminator Axle Back Exhaust for 2005-2009 Mustang GT
To make this:
YouTube - ‪SSS Terminators on 2006 V6‬‏

It’s a bit droney but the more miles I put on it the less droney it gets. I should have reved it damn it! Ill post a more appropriate video later.

Anyway my question is, is it worth getting an X pipe? As the nino description says quoting:
The included Y-pipe adapter connects to the factory Y-pipe, essentially creating an X-type crossover. "True dual" simply means you have a system with two down-pipes coming off the engine, a cross-over pipe of some sort, and dual mufflers with tips. This kit will definitely set you up to have a "true dual" exhaust system.

So I don’t know what sound/Performance difference an X pipe would make.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Sounds really good. :bigthumbsup
Hit up some revs, and a drive by or 2. :shiny:

·
Registered
531 Posts
it sounds like your in a garage

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
a y going into a y would not be as free flowing as a h,x or separate sides. but it gets the job done to have dual exhaust. as just a guess, i would think there is only a slight difference between all of them in performance. sound wise, i couldnt say.

·
Registered
704 Posts
sounds good, I have a ford racing x pipe that came when i got the kit. The X will give you more flow and slightly better performance

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone know where to buy just the ford racing x pipe? Would a Ford racing GT X pipe work???

·
Registered
365 Posts
Does anyone know where to buy just the ford racing x pipe? Would a Ford racing GT X pipe work???
Yes, for exaust gt stuff will work pretty much everything but the headers of course, your exaust sounds great for a v6 one of the best I've heard, how much were the SSS ?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, for exaust gt stuff will work pretty much everything but the headers of course, your exaust sounds great for a v6 one of the best I've heard, how much were the SSS ?
I got them from Stangmods, and with the 5% discount and free shipping it was $284. They also sell the Adrenaline series which is a little quieter.

Just to be clear, I will be able to use this?:
FORD RACING X-PIPE 4.6L 3V GT 2005-2010 | CJ Pony Parts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome! Next paycheck (12 LONG days) I will purchase this and have it installed asap. Then! Ill post a comparison video!

PS: There shouldnt be a difference between the pypes and the Ford Racing x pipe right? Which should I get?:weeps

·
Registered
365 Posts
Awesome! Next paycheck (12 LONG days) I will purchase this and have it installed asap. Then! Ill post a comparison video!

PS: There shouldnt be a difference between the pypes and the Ford Racing x pipe right? Which should I get?:weeps
I really don't think there would be a difference I'm sure they all sound the same just different brands, I would go to a muffler shop and just have em make it, a place by my house quoted the would do the x and whole setup and throw the mufflers on for 130! So you can find some kick ass deals you just have to look around, but good job so far I wonder how it will sound wi the x, donyou have a cai and tuner? That made my exaust note sound way more aggressive like my car was pissed off haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts