Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant wait.I am going to install myself.One question though,after i install ,would it be safe to hit it with a 75 shot for a short burst above 3,000 rpm just to see if all is working correctly before i go to the tuner?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
shouldn't be a problem,you are planning to swap the plugs also for the HTO's?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shouldn't be a problem,you are planning to swap the plugs also for the HTO's?
Yes, i also have pressure guage and a bottle warmer.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I cant wait.I am going to install myself.One question though,after i install ,would it be safe to hit it with a 75 shot for a short burst above 3,000 rpm just to see if all is working correctly before i go to the tuner?
Presuming everything is working properly you wouldn't have a problem. About the worst thing that could happen is you would spray N2O and no fuel. Then you would go way lean and have a problem.

You also must presume that it was installed properly. Like, are the jets the proper size and combination?

If everything is working and installed properly then you can spray from 3000-5000RPM without issue, IMHO, and I've run a lot of nitrous through a stock S197. I'd do it in 3rd gear.

Make sure your juice is warm and at 900 psi at least. Higher is better. So don't freak out if it goes up to 1150 or more. That just means you got a good fill and you are about to have your world rocked. The bottle is rated for 3000 psi.

If the bottle pressure gets below 750 psi or so (depending on temperature) the liquid N20 turns to gaseous form and is ineffective. You want liquid juice.

Take it away, GaryPaul...........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.