Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well went to the track last night and met up with a couple forum members (forensicsteve and freaknazty) for a little test-n-tune fun.
made a couple runs then decided to try the Nitrous out, lining up against Freaknazty this time,load nitrous tune, do burnout,pull up to the staging lights,purge, when I arm the system the car goes into failsafe mode.
end up backing out and get off to the side check the codes
P2111=throttle actuator control system stuck open
P2135=throttle/ pedal position sensor/switch "A"/"B" voltage correlation
ended up clearing codes and reloading street tune everything fine.
Made 1 more pass then left for the night.
after getting home tried loading nitrous tune as soon as I arm the system it goes back into failsafe mode.
Any suggestions how I can correct this before I bring the car back to the tuner?

·
Registered
487 Posts
well went to the track last night and met up with a couple forum members (forensicsteve and freaknazty) for a little test-n-tune fun.
made a couple runs then decided to try the Nitrous out, lining up against Freaknazty this time,load nitrous tune, do burnout,pull up to the staging lights,purge, when I arm the system the car goes into failsafe mode.
end up backing out and get off to the side check the codes
P2111=throttle actuator control system stuck open
P2135=throttle/ pedal position sensor/switch "A"/"B" voltage correlation
ended up clearing codes and reloading street tune everything fine.
Made 1 more pass then left for the night.
after getting home tried loading nitrous tune as soon as I arm the system it goes back into failsafe mode.
Any suggestions how I can correct this before I bring the car back to the tuner?
I would get those codes once in a while when I used to have my zex kit--with the wire coming off of the TPS for WOT activation. In my case it wasn't the tune, it was the wire coming loose, thereby screwing up the voltages to the TPS.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks paul I'll check the wire connections.

D

·
0 Posts
I would get those codes once in a while when I used to have my zex kit--with the wire coming off of the TPS for WOT activation. In my case it wasn't the tune, it was the wire coming loose, thereby screwing up the voltages to the TPS.

Thats what i was kinda thinking,, but it should set them off with the street tune in also i would think.. Its probably something simple tho... Id check all my connections just to see 4 sure that it is or isnt the problem.. also does it have a box you have to program like the zex kit... it could be off...

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the window switch has the buttons to set the RPM on/off and there's a setting for the tps sensor.

D

·
0 Posts
the window switch has the buttons to set the RPM on/off and there's a setting for the tps sensor.

I had a zex kit on an old truck and i didnt have the box programmed right. and it made my truck go crazy when i activated the nitrous. I got a friend to help me reprogram it and it was fine after that... also im not sure but if the battery has been disconnected it may reset the box.. I wouldnt think so but its a possibility..

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well update: thanks to psfracer and dspe it was a loose wire on the throttle body. Easy fix ready to run next time out at the track.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sometimes the forums really pay off! :bigthumbsup

Totally agree, this forum has members with all sorts of helpful knowledge.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Totally agree, this forum has members with all sorts of helpful knowledge.
I've save hundreds of dollars from what I've learned here. Of course, I've also wasted thousands of dollars from what I've learned here. :so

·
Registered
487 Posts
Well update: thanks to psfracer and dspe it was a loose wire on the throttle body. Easy fix ready to run next time out at the track.
No problemo, glad to help

·
Registered
318 Posts
I've save hundreds of dollars from what I've learned here. Of course, I've also wasted thousands of dollars from what I've learned here. :so
To quote psfracer here. No problemo, glad to help! :bigthumbsup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.