Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a little work done on my 88.im trying to get more power for pretty cheap. i have stock heads. will nitrous make enough of a difference to be worth it? any estimates of gained power?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I'd say 75-100 shot would be better while still being safe, but at the least upgrade your fuel pump and do not forget to retard your timing 2 degrees for every 50 hp in NOS so that would be about 3(75)-4(100) degrees. And yes you will feel a 75 shot, you will really feel a 100 shot but start low first to get a feel for it. Nitrous is only bad when you get greedy.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks. can it just be thrown on with my tune or should i get it tuned again for the nitrous? on a dyno i got 245 horse and 297 torque.with a 30 bore,gt manifolds,x-303 cam, 373's. does that sound about right?

R

·
0 Posts
you can get away with a 100-125 shot

but you will have stay on top of your tune.....

prior to hitting the bottle i would upgrade the heads and intake.....

n2o is a power adder not a power subsitute......

·
Registered
148 Posts
i seen people throw a 200 shot on a bone stock fox u just gotta know what your doing and it gotta be wet but i wouldn't go pass 150 shot and don't over rev haha all no2 is just adding oxygen to your motor stock bottom end on these cars are fairly strong so it should handle the power but u can't lean out so u gotta be on top of that fuel

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
NOS is the biggest HP gain for money spent of any Mod you could do PERIOD!! My 89 ran 13.30 at 102 on motor, with a 150HP Compucar Wet Kit the best it ran was an 11.92 at 114.70!
Does that answer your question? haha!
I'd limit the Jets to 100HP with stock head gaskets,hardware,fuel pump etc.. The stock pumps only flow 88lph which is pretty weak, if you decide on a kit get a 155 or 255lph Walbro with a colder heat range spark plug gapped under .040!
With a 100 shot I'd run about 8 degrees of timing too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.