Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good nitrous refill shop around northern New Jersey?? I've found places that will refill a 10lb bottle for $40+. Has anyone found it cheaper? I'll be installing a nitrous system soon and expect to go through bottles quickly at first. :rolleyes:

Yeah... at first....

M

·
0 Posts
$4.00 a pound is about average for a refill. Depends on the supplier. Our supplier for nitrous is pretty expensive, it cost's $4.95 a pound.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nitrous

I've heard people find it at $3.50/lb, but it doesn't seem common. At this point I need to be more concerned with picking the right system.

NX: Their plate system should be safer, maing the nitrous less likely to puddle. The hit should be harder than a nossle since the spray enters directly into the manifold. The system is made specifically for the 4.6L V8. The install is cleaner. A 100hp shot produces 100rwhp.

ZEX: Fuel control keeps the mix from damaging the engine. It runs through less nitrous with 100hp jets producing 75rwhp.

Well, if i spring for the extra doodads and whatnots the NX kit should be just as safe as the ZEX. It seems we have a winner. Now, has anyone found the new NX 4.6L plate system (pn 20946) for less than the $585 at Summit Racing?? :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.