Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, im getting a NX wet kit, and i know i have to get a tune when i get nitrous, but while i'm at the tuning session, should i also get a chip. I heard that chips work best with a tune, so is this necessary or not?

·
Banned
918 Posts
Not true there are several people running up to a 100 shot of NX without a tune for 100k miles on it. As long as you run the kit, the Gen II upgrade, a window switch and cooler plugs you should be fine on a stock tune with a 100 shot.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If i dont get the Gen 2 upgrade and i get a tune instead, but get the gen 2 upgrade later, will i have to retune my car? Also im getting a catted prochamber along with another 250 bucks so i dont know what i should do with the 250

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
What's a Gen II upgrade?

·
Banned
918 Posts
The Gen II upgrade will not subsitute for a tune. It is needed to safely run the nitrous kit. This is what you get
A purge valve, bottle heater with pressure transducer, fuel pressure safety switch, liquid filled N2O pressure guage, NHRA approved pressure release fitting, NHRA approved blowdown tube, all wiring and electrical connectors.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Tune

You might not need a tune. I just ran mine on SpeeTeks dyno a few weeks ago. All of the graphs (especially the air/fuel ratio) looked great. I put down 218hp and 275 tq off of the bottle and 257/320 on a 75 shot. My graphs would be a little higher if I wasn't running 3.73's. I know that when I went from 2.73 to 3.73 it cost me a smooth 11hp/15ft on the same day. The man running the dyno told me after looking at my graphs that he really doubted that he could pull much more out of it with a dyno tune. I will now step up to a 100 hp shot with confidence. By the way, I run a NX wet kit with all of the goodies except a window switch. :kooky:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, well how much is the Gen 2, do you konw? and can i get some guages like the ones they have for superchargers, that will mount on the drivers side? Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.