Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nitto 555R Owners - Just curious what tire pressure you typically run? Heading to strip tomorrow night. I'm still likely going to have severe traction problems irregardless, but want others feedback on any successful pressure. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
55 Posts
For street driving I run mine at 26-28 and if I'm gonna race or at the track drop them to 18 and they dead hook!...GMHTP did a test on em and found that 18 or 19 psi seem to hook best for these tires. i have 275/40/17. Then the track where i go hooks up pretty good. If you have more air in em they tend to wear out the centers quicker. Depends on how strong your car launches.

·
Registered
55 Posts
For street driving I run mine at 26-28 and if I'm gonna race or at the track drop them to 18 and they dead hook!...GMHTP did a test on em and found that 18 or 19 psi seem to hook best for these tires. i have 275/40/17. Then the track where i go hooks up pretty good. If you have more air in em they tend to wear out the centers quicker. Depends on how strong your car launches.
as for the GMHTP quote yeah i used to own a camaro which i traded for my 5.0. it's okay you fellas can laugh. :hihi:

·
Registered
621 Posts
I run 14 pounds in my 16 inch nitto's. Seems to work best in my car with a 2000 RPM launch. I have not tried less than 14 yet. As a general rule the bite should go up with less air as long as the tires don't have too hard and short a sidewall. If the sidewalls are short and stiff there will be a low pressure limit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I cut my best 60' with the tires at 14lbs. 315/35 17s.

I know one thing, these tires really need a thorough burn out to work well!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.