Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have some Nitto tires (forgot what kind exactly) i have staggered in the bag regular in the front and all four are marked left or right.

I want to rotate the rear ones since i have a v6 and the right is a lil more warn than the left. Can this be done or do the tires have to stay on the left or right? If they do have to stay on the directed side and i move them any ways what would happen?

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
They are unidirectional so you can't swap them without breaking them down from the wheels.

·
Banned
439 Posts
Guessing right side says Right and left says Left? If so, just move them up front on the correct side.

If it say "Left or Right" then just cross them over. Left rear to right front and right rear to left front. No biggie :)

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
if you do swap them the opposite way the rain treads in the middle of the tire will face the wrong way and move water in the tread's path toward the center of the tire instead of out to the sides.. you will have terrible wet handling if you do that.. my advice is don't burnout so much in your v6 with open differential

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.