Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 07 GT with the shaker 500 system is displaying a "No Aux Audio" message whenever I try to use my ipod in the port. I took out the center console and unplugged the wires to the auxiliary port for 5 minutes or so and plugged it back in with no success. After googling for half an hour that was the only solution I could find. Does anybody have any other suggestions ?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Has the radio been replaced? A non-aux radio will display that. I tried to put an 05 shaker 1000 head unit in my 08 car and got that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure how I'd find out, I got the car used a few months ago from a dealer. I might have to take it in to the dealer and have them check that out. I was just hoping somebody knew a solution so I didn't have to waste time and money at a dealer.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Is this the first time you've tried to use the aux function? I don't know why the dealer would replace it with the wrong radio but it is possible. Just pick up an 08-09 or later radio off Craigslist or eBay so you can be use to have the aux function. And the nifty chrome knobs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I wouldn't bother even using a stock replacement, I just picked up an aftermarket on amazon for $50 and a wiring harness. You can get the cheap wiring harness if you are preparing to solder in a 5v chip inline from the antenna power line. For some reason Ford used 5v instead of 12. They are like $2 at radio shack.

Find one with a green backlight and a big volume knob that matches the cars air vents, looks slick and matches the dash.

·
Registered
29 Posts
50$ cd player can't look good In there, if ur not gone spend allot for a nice touch screen than you can get an 07-09 cd shaker. I got an 07 gt/cs and mine was replaced With an 06 shaker and I didn't know it. Eh don't have aux just satalite.

·
Official Ford Rep
433 Posts
my 07 GT with the shaker 500 system is displaying a "No Aux Audio" message whenever I try to use my ipod in the port. I took out the center console and unplugged the wires to the auxiliary port for 5 minutes or so and plugged it back in with no success. After googling for half an hour that was the only solution I could find. Does anybody have any other suggestions ?
Have you tried using a different iPod cable, Alloy Dude?

Jaclyn

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd rather not replace the whole system, I assume it is just something with the wiring.

I have tried three different aux cables with no luck.

I appreciate all of the responses.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'd rather not replace the whole system, I assume it is just something with the wiring.

I have tried three different aux cables with no luck.

I appreciate all of the responses.
I'm pretty sure you have to use a specific cable to connect an iPod. It has a different os and the car and ipod can't communicate. My buddy's iPod won't work in my car, but my Sony Wakman works just fine.

Research the cable first. You may just have to use a 1.5mm patch chord (headphone out on the iPod) into the aux instead of trying to use the USB cable. You'll have to control the iPod with the iPod instead of using radio controls, but that's an easy $5 fix. Good Luck

·
Registered
914 Posts
I'm pretty sure you have to use a specific cable to connect an iPod. It has a different os and the car and ipod can't communicate. My buddy's iPod won't work in my car, but my Sony Wakman works just fine.

Research the cable first. You may just have to use a 1.5mm patch chord (headphone out on the iPod) into the aux instead of trying to use the USB cable. You'll have to control the iPod with the iPod instead of using radio controls, but that's an easy $5 fix. Good Luck
There is no USB port in the center console of the 05-09s...
He's talking about the headphone-in jack in the center console. He's saying the radio is saying there is no aux as if there is no function available. It's what the 05-06 radios say without the aux kit from ford. But since he has the jack in the center console, it should be working. So either his radio was changed for an older one, or the radio has an issue.

·
Registered
321 Posts
did you buy the car used or new, if used they could have put in a older unit could have been put in. The only real way to know for sure if that head unit is the correct one for your mustang.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm telling you, if you have an 05-06 cd player there isn't an aux function for iPod, it has aux button but is for satalite. I went thought the same thing, for your aux to work it has to be an 07 up cd player

·
Registered
192 Posts
Mine says the same thing if you hit the "Aux" button when the stereo is off. Turn it on, then hit it. It should work.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nope, they are both 3.5mm. Just pick up a male-male stereo cable from Radio Shack and you'll be good to go.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts