Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no bass in the rear speakers of my 2002 GT (the front ones do). I am using the Jensen UV10 with the Metra 70-5700 (was told at Advanced this would work). All the speakers worked fine until the headunit change.

I have adjusted the EQ so it is set to rear only and turned the bass all the way up, but no bass comes out (just acting like a tweeter). There is no distortion or anything so i am confident they aren't blown. I haven't touched a thing in the trunk, so I am fairly confident the amps are all still hooked up also.

Any advice/ideas?

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
you are using the stock Mach amps? If so they are special low ohm amps and only work with head units designed as such...ouch, sounds like Advanced was not so...same goes for the speakers, so you can't just change one or the other either...take back the head unit and get the proper one
Crutchfield has the right stuff and the best support, contact them...they also will have the patch cords to plug directly into the factory wiring

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would rather not take back the headunit (all in one system and I love it). So, I take it the best bet would be to pull out all the stock amps and replace them?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pulled the headunit out today and all the wires appear to be hooked up properly so I am assuming the amps just aren't getting enough power. Well, time for am amp and speaker change. Anyone got any recommendations?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts