Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of yall in north or south Carolina who have done catalytic converter delete had any trouble with the law or passing inspections? Thinking about doing it to save some money.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I can't speak for North Carolina, but South Carolina has no vehicle inspection. Thus, no cats, no problem.

JR

·
2,797 Posts
I personally have never done the cats delete as I don't care for the constant smell of gas, but have many friends here in NC that don't have them. With the law enforcement as far as getting pulled over they have never had any issues. I don't see many law enforcement people rolling around on the ground at traffic stops around my part of NC do you? hahaha Only foreseeable issue is passing NC yearly inspection. If you know an inspector who will pass it you are in the clear. If you don't then well you can either find one or you get the picture. ha

·
2,797 Posts
Depends on the county in NC. Not all have emissions. There are also several that will be dropping it.

Really? This would be interesting? I know recently they made it so if the car is newer I forget they age that it only has to get a safety inspection like 95 prior. I think it is if your car is 3 years old or newer it only has to have a safety inspection.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Correct on the 3 years or newer, also must be under 70,000 miles. I have not had to get emmisions on my truck yet. It was a nice surprise the first time I took it in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts