Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new and very first Mustang today, very happy! It's a 2005 convertible. I would like a deeper exhaust note but have been reading about this dreaded drone that you can get from after market exhausts. Could anyone please recommend an exhaust that wouldn't produce drone at highway cruising speeds. I've only heard aout the Corsa and FRPP GTA's that don't produce drone but would be interested in feedback on them or any others. Also there are so many cold air intakes to consider, how does one decide on which one to purchase? Thanks for your help and so pleased to be a proud Mustang owner. Thanks Ross.

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-talk/155158-exaust-video-finally.html

check that out, post what you think on there i always like to know what ppl think of my ride
..........................................................................................

im gonna give a JLT intake a try its on its way, ill let you knwo what i think

i hear good things bout BBK and K&N but i couldent afford a K&N and the JLT is wider for my tuned car. makes since 75mm intake to a 70mm TB

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
id assume most anything is better than that dang ol box

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have AT Flows with stock mid pipe and stock headers(which will be changing this week! bye bye cats:D) and there is virtually no drone at all, but sounds great when getting on it! As far as CAI's go, though they probably produce the same amount of power, I think the C&L looks much nicer than the JLT, the quality of the C&L is very nice. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
726 Posts
I like my jlt quality is very good and the customer service from them was great. My vote is for no mufflers I put the pypes muff. delete on it sounds great and at highway speeds it sounds like a stock car.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I like my jlt quality is very good and the customer service from them was great. My vote is for no mufflers I put the pypes muff. delete on it sounds great and at highway speeds it sounds like a stock car.
+1 on the JLT CAI. I'm also running the GTA mufflers and it sounds great. It's even gotten a little better (louder) as the mufflers have burned in.

·
Registered
338 Posts
don't forget that with most cai's you need a tune of the car will not run right. Except for a few 'non tune' cai's like the Roush, airaid and the K&N you will have to spend another $300-500 for a tune besides the cai. Id highly recomment the Airaid or the Roush cause they run well without a tune and you can remove a restrictor and apply a tune at a later time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am running the K&N Typhoon CAI....love it

·
Registered
91 Posts
JLT + Corsa = :gringreen:hihi::gringreen

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just installed my JLT CAI, and i gotta say it is amazing. I bought it from American Muscle. I got the CAI+ SCT SF3 tuner for $530. One major difference i noticed is how much more power it gains when changing gears. But buy a CAI that requires a tune. You get more power out of a CAI with a tuner plus if you plan to do any other mods down the road, you might need that tuner:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks

Thanks everyone!

I'm thinking of going for the Tunable Induction CAI Package, does anyone have comments with that selection?

Cheers!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.