Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the hair raising ride last week I was a little nervous on my first time trial last night, but everything went smooth as silk. After another uneventful pass or two I decided to just chalk last weeks near wreck up to 'had to be something on the track', and forget it.

I made it to the finals where I had the better light but couldn't quite run my number and got edged at the stripe. I just installed a two step this week and have to say I'm liking it. It's a lot easier to launch when I don't have to keep one eye on the tach.

It sure has been an up and down season so far for me. Through seven races I've been trailered in the very first round three times, but made it to the finals in the other four. It seems like once I get past the first round I've got it made!

Oh well, we always have a good time. That's the important thing.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Good stuff glad to hear you didn't pull a repeat. You've had an up and down season but at least you haven't broken anything :bigthumbsup

R

·
0 Posts
Good stuff glad to hear you didn't pull a repeat. You've had an up and down season but at least you haven't broken anything :bigthumbsup

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....:)

what you go and say that for.....:cursing:

Glad you had a good night......:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
+1 congrats on making it to the finals!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
+1 congrats on making it to the finals!:bigthumbsup
+2.......

Nothing too exciting here either this weekend. I took the '01 to Beech Bend to play around for awhile. I think my best pass was 13.14. :headscratch: Yeah, it's really slow compared to the '02, but it was fun to drive there, make some passes, and drive it home. It's a 5 speed, so that makes it fun too.......

The '02 is going back up on the dyno tomorrow. That's about it from Kentucky......

R

·
0 Posts
+2.......

Nothing too exciting here either this weekend. I took the '01 to Beech Bend to play around for awhile. I think my best pass was 13.14. :headscratch: Yeah, it's really slow compared to the '02, but it was fun to drive there, make some passes, and drive it home. It's a 5 speed, so that makes it fun too.......

The '02 is going back up on the dyno tomorrow. That's about it from Kentucky......

sometimes going slower is fun......

and we know it's a lot cheaper.....:)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sometimes going slower is fun......

and we know it's a lot cheaper.....:)
Very true. I have a ball with my car even though it's not fast (low 12's/high11's). I don't have any desire to make it significantly faster as I don't have the budget to maintain a faster car. "A man's gotta know his limitations".

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
well I might go play pit crew for a friend. He's thinking about running a jackpot race. Outlaw 8.5 class.

No way your going to get me to try and go down the track in my car with a 26X8.5X15 tire! He's running Big Stuff 3 so we'll just take some out of it on the launch. Never run that tire before so this should be interesting!

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
mmb617, good to hear that it was just something on the track and nothing wrong with the car. I know I would of had some jitters also on the first pass.

Plstang, Good luck to you guys! Sounds like it's going to be a challange which I'm sure you guys are up for it.

R

·
0 Posts
well I might go play pit crew for a friend. He's thinking about running a jackpot race. Outlaw 8.5 class.

No way your going to get me to try and go down the track in my car with a 26X8.5X15 tire! He's running Big Stuff 3 so we'll just take some out of it on the launch. Never run that tire before so this should be interesting!

A 8.5 Tire......:shocked:

That give a whole new meaning to .......

PUCKER FACTOR.......:scared

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
8,348 Posts

Our good friend, Gearhead, is running that class up here at Ohio Valley(1/8). His 410 runs 9:50's N/A(1/4). He has yet to spray it this year, but he will be lucky if it holds the track. He tried it a few times last year, but he was puckering all the way down the track at Beech Bend(1/4)......

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....:)

what you go and say that for.....:cursing:

Glad you had a good night......:bigthumbsup

Damn damn damn stupid me :doh: I retract my previous statement!

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Well didn't get to run the 8.5 tire class. Jay broke his foot Saturday night!:frustrated:

So ended up taking my buddies coupe out for it's maiden trips down the track. Managed 3 10.40 passes with crappy 60'. Last pass the LCA"S gave up the ghost and spit the bushings at the big end! We'll get that lined out, all and all not a bad shake down test.

Next time we'll see about hitting it with some Nitrous!!:gringreen

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.