Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after picking it up at the body shop(had to take trailer, they couldn't get it to start either) it is getting fuel to the rail and to the regulator, but not to the pressure port. and it will not start. i'm still figuring out f/i and this is kicking my butt! :headscratch:

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Check for power to the injectors. That would narrow it down to either electrical or mechanical.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i just had this happen to my 5.0L. take the EEC test port and push a piece of wire into the white wire with a green stripe on it and touch it to any ground you should hear the injectors firing. if so bolt it to a ground and try to start the car. mine works fine now but i had to run that ground to a toggle switch on the dash so now i have to flick the switch everytime i want to drive it but hey it works...probably something wrong with the relay from the computer....its just a way to by-pass it.

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that was not it. i did get it to crank, with starting fluid. so no ignition issues. oh well i will let y'all know. thanks. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
that was not it. i did get it to crank, with starting fluid. so no ignition issues. oh well i will let y'all know. thanks. :bigthumbsup
Think about whats going on here. Fuel to the regulator, but no fuel to the injectors. There is a blockage somewhere.

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i've kinda thought that, but it was running when i took it to the body shop. the front end was knocked off, so i so i figured relay, switch, ground? oh well i'll have all weekend to figure it out. if not, there is always carbs. something i do know about.....:bigthumbsup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.