Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1965 sprint 200 my carb is not geting gas the line form the carb is dry, i pourd some gas in the line but its not pumping it in to the carb I can blow air though both fuel filters. Also when i diconnect the line and step on the gas petal no gas is coming out could some body please help

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
my carb is not geting gas the line form the carb is dry, i pourd some gas in the line but its not pumping it in to the carb I can blow air though both fuel filters. could some body please help
How about checking the fuel pump? If it is mechanical and the motor cranks over, bad pump. If it is electric make sure no fuses blown and it is getting electric power to the pump. If no power go through the wiring, If getting power and not working, there you go. Need a new electric pump.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
You may also go to the classics section of this site. They should be able to give you all the information that you are seeking.

S

·
0 Posts
i didnt know but u think the might be the problem

Anything is possible. I have quite a bit of work to do on our 66 including a new tank, lines, pump, etc. Those old 1 bbl carbs can be a pain the butt as well. If you don't already have one, a repair manual would be a great investment. They're cheap and you can get them at most autoparts stores.

Craig is right, if a mod will move this to the classic section of the site you'll most likely get some great help. If not then re-post this question in the Classic Tech section of the forums here.

Keep us posted!:bigthumbsup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.