Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Well I really have no idea if it was the problem the whole time but........ I put 2 1/2 gallons of gas in my car, after doing 40 other things to it then dropping the tank, and after a few cranks.....Vrooom. Black smoke coming out the pipe and the engine ticks, BUT RUNS!!!! Was I out of gas the whole time? I don't know, I replaced so much I can't tell.
IT IS OFFICIAL, I'M A DUMB***.:bigthumbsup

Thanks for all your patience and help though guys.

·
Registered
91 Posts
its ok... I thought that was the 1st thing you checked lol.... its all good glad I could help...

·
Registered
457 Posts
my cousin decided to take iot upon herself to put oil in her 2.3 just like yours about 5 years ago

long story short she put it in the radiator and ran it till it blew up

·
Registered
960 Posts
wow now thats bad i have also heard a story were someone put brake fluid in their engine and afterwards put viscosity redoucer in too so yea their motor blew.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now I don't feel to bad. Lol.:D

·
Registered
563 Posts
Well I really have no idea if it was the problem the whole time but........ I put 2 1/2 gallons of gas in my car, after doing 40 other things to it then dropping the tank, and after a few cranks.....Vrooom. Black smoke coming out the pipe and the engine ticks, BUT RUNS!!!! Was I out of gas the whole time? I don't know, I replaced so much I can't tell. But I do know I have extra parts for sale like 2 IRCM for 92'-93' 2.3, a brain for a 93' 2.3 auto and a fuel pump if anyone needs.
IT IS OFFICIAL, I'M A DUMB***.:bigthumbsup

Thanks for all your patience and help though guys.
you know something buddy... i have to give you this sign... :doh::doh::doh:
:shigrin

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hahaha that's great. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well at least you figured out the problem, well for the most part. check timing if black smoke
It smoked black when it first started. But I think it's the injector ticking really loud. What can I do for that? How can I check to see whats ticking?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Just dso you know, I am only one person's SON, and he's in the ground now. Respect that and think about it before you say it to others. Habit or not.

actually calling someone son is a sign of friendship and respect, dont take it so literally. sorry to hear about ya pops but its slang man

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just dso you know, I am only one person's SON, and he's in the ground now. Respect that and think about it before you say it to others. Habit or not.

My bad, I had no idea and you know that. I can't stop saying something because of 1 person. I say it as much as the brothers use the "N" word and it has bothered 2 people and the other was a female. But I can stop calling you that jr.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
actually calling someone son is a sign of friendship and respect, dont take it so literally. sorry to hear about ya pops but its slang man

That's what i've been trying to say and no one here understands. Thank you.:cheers

·
Registered
457 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Friendship maybe, respect, absolutely not.

Terms like Son and Jr. unless it's someone you know very well, are insulting. They refer to someone beneath you.

I'd rather be addressed as Dude before Son or Jr. At least Dude is on the same level.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.