Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car wont start and i get no spark , i have replaced the crank sensor and the ignition sensor. i replaced the timing belt and it just wont start now. im stumped what can it be?

·
Registered
93 Posts
could be your starter, your fuel pump could be bad, check your battery, maybe you need new injectors... could be a number of things.

·
Registered
79 Posts
You say that you have ( no ) spark.
Then start at the coil and work to the plugs.

Be sure to check your grounds.

·
Registered
198 Posts
If you have no spark from the coil, and you have replaced the ignition module, the most likely problem is the stator (coil pickup) inside the distributor. It could also be the coil itself or the wiring to the coil. Give everything a good look and if everything looks ok, try subbing the coil. If that checks good, then replace the stator.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well it dosnt have a distributor, ive checked my ground cables but am going to check again, would the computer make do this?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Ooops. Didn't notice that it was a '93. As mentioned, check for good grounds. Loss of ground to the computor will cause no spark. Also check ignition switch to be sure it is making good contact.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got it fixed, upon further inspection, somehow my crank pulley got bent and in turn broke the cank sensor that i had just replaced. put a new one on and runs great. thanks for all the advice im sure it will benifit someone else someday.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Im kinda of having the same problem. Well I have replaced the modulator and the car ran for about an 1hour and died. then I order an new distributor with a modulator. the car ran for about a half an hour and died. What seems to be the problem. please help.

1987 Mustang LX Hatchback 2.3L

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it was my crank sensor, im not sure if an 87 has one though, because it has a distributor, i think it has somthing called a hall effect sensor on or in the distributor but im not to sure, help me out guys im not too sure dont wanna tell him the wrong thing. also try checking your timeing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts