Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my brake lights work, just not the tail lights. also my blinkers dont work. i replaced the headlight/fog switch and the harness to the switch (which was cracked and burned). i also replaced the switch for the turn signals. any ideas or suggestions on what it could be?

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Go back and inspect the harness again, this happens when there's a bad or loose connection to one of the wires behind the headlight switch.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i just had the same problem... it turned out to be as simple as a wire got disconnected. when i bought the car it had an alarm in it that didnt work, so i pulled all the wiring out and when i did it disconnected one wire in the back under the plastic in the trunk, which made all my lights not work except my break lights.
hope that helps

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Yup, that's what happened to me. Every light went out except my headlights and brake lights. Even my dash lights went out. I found one of the female wire ends was clamped too tight, not allowing it to accept the male end. I opened it up enough to get it in and it's not had a problem since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.