Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i replaced the front parking light assemblys. They went in good, but while testing the turn signals, the left side worked, then I turned it to the right side. They went solid for awhile, then nothing. I found out the right hand assembly was switched, so the low beam was the turn signal, and the high beam was the parking. I got them wired correctly so I have good parking lights (lowbeam on the 1157 bulb) but even after replacing the flasher I have no turn signals. I have verify'd the flasher works, so is it in the turn signal switch on the steering column? Maybe a wire got fried or something. I smelt no smoke.

Any ideas?

Thanks

treeman

·
Registered
360 Posts
Make sure you have 12v at the flasher when the key is turned on, if you do then it is likely the turn signal switch. If you do not have power at the flasher, you need to check for a poor connection or broken wire from the ignition switch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So i replaced the front parking light assemblys. They went in good, but while testing the turn signals, the left side worked, then I turned it to the right side. They went solid for awhile, then nothing. I found out the right hand assembly was switched, so the low beam was the turn signal, and the high beam was the parking. I got them wired correctly so I have good parking lights (lowbeam on the 1157 bulb) but even after replacing the flasher I have no turn signals. I have verify'd the flasher works, so is it in the turn signal switch on the steering column? Maybe a wire got fried or something. I smelt no smoke.

Any ideas?

Thanks

treeman
Honda Hunter found out there a second flasher behind the glove box. Its blue you cant miss it, its a bit hard to pull but that's the culprit. I had the same issue and this solved it.Good Luck

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
I'd say go back and double check your work. But it's possible that a part wore out, coincidentally, at the same time. Make sure your hazard switch is good, and turned all the way off, as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.