Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I am going to be sick. Had some sh*t fall in the garage and on to my baby's hood. Now she has about 8-9 golf ball size dents on the hood with one that has spiked UP with cracks. $#!*$#!!!! My fault. I should never have had it under that junk in the first place, I know. (Word to the wise: Look around where you park your car and get any stuff away from it NOW!)

O.K. What is done is done. What should I do. Get it fixed/find a take-off or replace it all together with a new hood (maybe even upgrade with a functional scoop). Maybe a blessing in disguise, but I can't belive it has already been messed up. If I go with a new hood, any suggestions or sites I can price one out. Looking to stick around 5 or 6 Hundy. Damn that hurts! And I just helped another Stanger out of a jam. Nice Karma!

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Man that sucks. Same thing happened to our Z28. no cracking tho. paintless repair made it perfect. even on vinyl.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the Cal-Mustang. Found that one too.

Yeah, I am so bummed. Got to hand it to those guys who keep their Mustangs prestine for 40 years (or at least they look that way).

Hey, check this out. Saleen has take off parts on their site. A hood for under $300? Wow, doesn't have the scoop, but that's cheaper than a fix and a paint job don't you think. I'm right down the street from them in So. Cal.

http://www.saleen.com/SC101_Services/SC101_Shopper/showCatalog.php?menuId=79

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Nice, lucky to be so close!
Alsmost wanna buy some stuff for OE repacement myself. be nice to have extra set of mats, the rotors and calipers too, i could go on and on, lol

·
Registered
276 Posts
Dude, so sorry. I can only imagine the feeling when it happened. Thing is, I love my car and if I ever blow it, I'm taking her to the best shop in town and getting it fixed right! That's the only thing that would take the pain away and the money spent would be my slap for being stupid or careless or whatever I did to hurt my baby.

·
Registered
886 Posts

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
ultraclyde said:
I feel your pain, bro. Had mine 2wks and pulled out in front of somebody (did I mention the blind spot off the drivers rear quarter?) all it did was bend the fender a little and chip the paint, but dang....

Anyway, I found this, if you want to go stock:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-Mustang-GT-Hood_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6763QQitemZ7990633010QQrdZ1
IF I was going stock I would just get one from the saleen site. Comes already painted. http://www.saleen.com/SC101_Services/SC101_Shopper/showItem.php?menuId=79&itemNum=99-1106-C11730

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow! What a bummer. If you want to go to an aftermarket hood, check out this site: www.rksport.com They have a Cal. Ram Air Hood that is functional. I put it on my Redfire GT and it looks great. Fits very well also. Currently under the prototype phase by Air Force One, is a cold air box for the RK Sport hood that should be ready in the next week or two. Since they used my car for the dims, I get the first one so I will post how it works once we get it installed. I didn't notice where you are located, but If you were in So. California, I have a perfectly good stock hood in Redfire that is available. It even has the Redline Tuning hood lift kit brackets on it. By the way, the RK Sport hood works with the hood lift kits. FYI, the cost for the aftermarket hoods are $500/700. Then add truck freight $75.00 to $250 depending how far you are from Murietta, California. Then it needs to be prepared and painted. This can cost up to $1000.00 depending if you put stripes and/or finish the underside of the hood to show quality. Most 'glass hoods are finished only on the topside with the underside being somewhat rough. Good luck.

·
Registered
122 Posts
JDB
Did you contact your Homeowners Insurance Company? Since the items fell from the garage (house) that insurance policy should cover the damages. It is certainly worth a phone call. If they balk why not contact your car insurance company? That's why we have insurance! To cover accidents! And if the items came from "above" as you say it would be covered under comprehensive, not collision insurance, and this should not affect your annual premium ($$$).
Put her back together the way she came.
My 2 cents

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to All. It softens the blow a little when you KNOW others feel your pain. Great advice all around as well. I'll check them all out including the insurance thing. Never thought of it and for what we pay, it's about time I have something to show for it. Thanks again gang!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here's one for sale on ebay.................

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-Mustang-GT-Hood_W0QQitemZ7990633010QQcategoryZ6763QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
97 Posts
05GT68RSSS said:
Currently under the prototype phase by Air Force One, is a cold air box for the RK Sport hood that should be ready in the next week or two. Since they used my car for the dims, I get the first one so I will post how it works once we get it installed
Looking forward to this. Is there any information available now? I am very likely getting the Cali Dream hood myself.

·
Registered
31 Posts
go get a nice high estimate from a body shop. collect the insurance, and buy one of those take off hoods... Ya sound lucky to me!!! :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just one word of advise...

I had a problem having a hood decal taken off my satin silver V6, and they had to paint my hood and they still haven`t gotten it right way to much metallic in it compared to the stock paint but the body shop swears that`s what my the inside of my drivers door says, they have a paint expert coming next week.

·
Registered
149 Posts
JDB said:
I think I am going to be sick. Had some sh*t fall in the garage and on to my baby's hood. Now she has about 8-9 golf ball size dents on the hood with one that has spiked UP with cracks. $#!*$#!!!! My fault. I should never have had it under that junk in the first place, I know. (Word to the wise: Look around where you park your car and get any stuff away from it NOW!)

O.K. What is done is done. What should I do. Get it fixed/find a take-off or replace it all together with a new hood (maybe even upgrade with a functional scoop). Maybe a blessing in disguise, but I can't belive it has already been messed up. If I go with a new hood, any suggestions or sites I can price one out. Looking to stick around 5 or 6 Hundy. Damn that hurts! And I just helped another Stanger out of a jam. Nice Karma!
Yes, your home owners pays since it happened in your garage. I had a hard maple end table let loose in my garage. Hit the roof of new truck causing a huge dent, broke the windshield, bounced off the hood (denting of course) AND then fell between my new Lexus LS400 and my new truck bouncing back and forth on the way to the floor which caused more dents in the doors & fenders of both vehicles. Damage to both vehicles came to $4,500 and my home owners paid. Yes, I did cry :evillol:

Dave
www.sunnyfortuna.com

·
Registered
164 Posts
Saleen sells '05 take-off hoods for like $250. Good deal, prepainted, should be perfect match - just install.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts