Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to watch my nephew's Little League practice today.
One of the kids hit a foul ball and it smacked the roof of my car, right above the windshield, not quite dead center.
I now have about a quarter sized crease there.
Ruined my day.
I'm hoping the paintless dent remover guy can fix it.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
That sucks. Maybe you should have given that kid a nudge down some stairs. J/K!! J/K!!

But there are some lines that even little kids can cross, and this is one of them...:nogrinner

·
Registered
318 Posts
Ah yes the good ole days. I remember knocking one out of the park during an AAU game and nailing some poor dudes minivan right in the windshield.

When heading to practice during high school, I used to park like half a mile away just to avoid situations like that.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Lol, I get nervous at my sons games all the time. I figure if it happens Ill go get a lotto ticket.

When i played we were close to a heavily traveled road. I seen a few foul balls hit cars. The park district would actually pay for the repairs.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
that sucks, reminds me of when my dad's brand new jeep took a foul ball to the hood at one of my games when I was little... I umpire and there's always a few nice cars that get nailed every year at that same field. I always park the 'stang a block away when I ump there. those paintless dent guys are good, as long as the paint isnt chipped it should be able to be fixed. :)

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Ouch! That sucks, man. Hopefully it can be fixed without too much trouble.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yep,seen it happen a hundred times if ive seen it once.Ive been coaching Little League,Babe Ruth & a couple of Travel ball teams for 18 years and it only happened once to my car.Not the Mustang cause i learned my lesson years ago. Actually happened to me from a ball hit by a kid on my own team,who is now a Major League baseball player! Yep i coached him,taught him everything he knows,lol (actually tease him about it about everytime i see him. He now is starting this season in triple A after a stint last year being called up into the bigs.He and his parents are also my neighbors so every winter i get teh chance to razz him a bit. Anyone heard of Adam Lind? Has great power and plays for the Toronto Blue Jays as a left fielder.He actually didnt hurt the car,missed it totally but nailed the windshield and it just continued to crack about everytime i closed the door.Alot less expensive as i recall to fix rather than doing the paint/sheetmetal thing. Sorry to ramble,just bringing back the old days,lol. Brent

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
Yep, that sucks and goes through my mind every year! I get to the games early just so I can scope out the best and hopefully safest spot to park to protect my baby. I only came close to getting hit once. Thankfully!
Hope she is easily fixed!

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
My daughter plays softball and we know from experience not to park any where near the foul ball zones cause they will get you if you do.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
if its near the windshield then Like Stl said..tough spot. the farther back from the winshield the easier the PDR guy can repair it.
baseball,apple pie and chevrolet suck :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
I went to watch my nephew's Little League practice today.
One of the kids hit a foul ball and it smacked the roof of my car, right above the windshield, not quite dead center.
I now have about a quarter sized crease there.
Ruined my day.
I'm hoping the paintless dent remover guy can fix it.
Ouch that one had to hurt. Sorry to hear about that and I know I will think again before parking close at future games I attend, lol.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, it's an inch or so away from the windshield.
I think he can access it by removing the maplight housing, but I'm not sure, haven't taken the time to look, lol.

As far as parking further away, yeah, probably, if I can bring myself to go.
At the moment I'm not planning on attending any more games.
I'm sure that will change once the pain wears off.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Could have been worse, one more inch and you'd have to have bought a new windshield.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
this is why i always make sure to park my car behind some sort of a fence approx 1/2 miles away because i can BLAST a baseball. Also i went golfing yesterday for the first time in over a year, and i was still blasting the golfball 250+ yards. too bad it went 250 and then curved to the right 250 yards :so

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Swapped rides with the wife today so it could get repaired.
He did a great job, I can't tell where the ding was.
And it was only 90 bucks.

LOL, this was only the second time Sammie drove the Stang in the 2 1/2 years I've owned it.
The first time was the day I got it.
:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.