Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this forum and eager to learn a little more about mustangs. I recently bought a 95 mustang V6 and I'm facing some problems. Every time I step on the accelerator there's a little noise, kind of like a hissing noise. It only happens when I step on the accelerator, when I let go the noise goes away completely. The car seems awfully slow, and if I step on the gas it takes forever to accelerate. I just had a fuel pump put in since the car stalled on me the other day and would not start again, this problem seems to be fixed now. By the way it has automatic transmission. I was wondering if anybody can give me some clues on what this noise could be and also the lack of power?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Rafee009 said:
Hi, I'm new to this forum and eager to learn a little more about mustangs. I recently bought a 95 mustang V6 and I'm facing some problems. Every time I step on the accelerator there's a little noise, kind of like a hissing noise. It only happens when I step on the accelerator, when I let go the noise goes away completely. The car seems awfully slow, and if I step on the gas it takes forever to accelerate. I just had a fuel pump put in since the car stalled on me the other day and would not start again, this problem seems to be fixed now. By the way it has automatic transmission. I was wondering if anybody can give me some clues on what this noise could be and also the lack of power?

Thanks again.
is your AC on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope, not at all. Something else that I noticed today. When I was driving around 50mph the gear just switched to neutral, at least that was my impresion. I try to accelerate and all it did was to rev the rpms but the car wouldn't accelerate. When I stopped the car completely I was able to drive it again.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Rafee009 said:
nope, not at all. Something else that I noticed today. When I was driving around 50mph the gear just switched to neutral, at least that was my impresion. I try to accelerate and all it did was to rev the rpms but the car wouldn't accelerate. When I stopped the car completely I was able to drive it again.
uh-boy!

Tranny's going out. Check your fluid!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fluids are good. I was wondering if there's any kind of computer that sends some kind of signal from the engine to the transmission. it seems like I can never go to 3rd gear.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Rafee009 said:
fluids are good. I was wondering if there's any kind of computer that sends some kind of signal from the engine to the transmission. it seems like I can never go to 3rd gear.
Not on the 95's it's totally mechanical.

How many miles are on the car?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Rafee009 said:
108000 miles. I thought it might be an engine problem instead of transmission.
man, I think you should take it to the dealer for an oil change.

·
Registered
276 Posts
kscoyote said:
man, I think you should take it to the dealer for an oil change.
Can it be a vacuum leak?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Larry Sergent said:
Can it be a vacuum leak?
hard to say, can't diagnose a noise I can't hear, and the 3rd gear thing is suspicious.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.