Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Mustang GT 5-speed. I have recently noticed a whining coming from my car when the clutch pedal is out all the way. As soon as I put my foot on it and inch it forward, the whining stops. The noise is somewhat similar to a belt that needs replacing.
Another noise coming from my car is when I have the a/c on and my car is coming to a stop. It makes a vibrating noise towards the rear of the car. What happens is if I approach a stoplight/sign, it makes this noise until I hit a PERFECT stop. I could be rolling in neutral at this point and the noise will still be there. Lately, I noticed the noise occurs at times when the a/c is NOT on. In other words....
a/c on: noise ALL THE TIME
a/c off: noise sometimes
I appreciate any advice you can give. And I'm thinking of putting up a video capturing the noise, so if I do, I'll probably just make a new thread.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It sounds to me like the clutch noise is a throw out bearing. And the noise in the rear end might be something to do with your exhaust.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you say tight, do you mean abnormally hard to push in? If so, then yes! Some of my friends have stick shift cars, and they can barely drive mine because it's too hard to push down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts