Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed this pretty recently and can't figure out what would be causeing this...
When I put my car into reverse I hear a rubbing noise coming from the front, but it's only in reverse from what i can tell. And I'm like 90% positive it's not the tires rubbing in the wheel wells because I have stock rims and stock size tires... And it does it whether the streeing wheel is straight or or turned. And for the life of me I cant figure out where it's coming from?
Someone please help with some suggestions, it's really bothering me.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Might be the wheel itself contacting the brake caliper. You might want to take a wheel off and check. Obviously something is contacting something.

·
Registered
122 Posts
u have alot of cars

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
u have alot of cars
LoL thanks!
We have more coming... We have a 1957 2door hardtop, which are getting pretty hard to find, and I got it for FREE from a regular customer when I worked at a gas station!!! It needs a lot of work, but the body and frame are in good shape. The body is already primered and "undented", just needs a new interior and motor/tranny.

·
Registered
122 Posts
thats cool, id take a free project any day of the week
too bad no ones nice around here

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats cool, id take a free project any day of the week
too bad no ones nice around here
Yeah people here in Norman, Ok are pretty cool... I was just working at a gas station and one of my regulars that always came in and talked about old cars with me just came in one day and said "I have a deal for you". I said "what's that?" and he said "I have a '57 Ford Fairlane project car, no engine and needs paint and interior, and I'll give it to you", me "how much?", him "for free!", me "whats the catch", him "I just want to see it when your done!". So of course I took it!

Anyways... LoL... I think I know what might be wrong. I think my car needs to be aligned, I'm going to get aligned and see if that fixes the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.