Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a new lower control arm put on, and a new strut. Now i have a loud bobbling noise coming from that area. car handles just fine and corners just fine, but when i go over bumps and ride over rough surfaces, etc... there is this loud bobbling noise. Not sure what it is. It doesn't do it on smooth pavement. The noise wasn't there before nerw suspension parts where put on. Any idea what it could be making that noise?

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
I just had a new lower control arm put on, and a new strut. Now i have a loud bobbling noise coming from that area. car handles just fine and corners just fine, but when i go over bumps and ride over rough surfaces, etc... there is this loud bobbling noise. Not sure what it is. It doesn't do it on smooth pavement. The noise wasn't there before nerw suspension parts where put on. Any idea what it could be making that noise?
I would suspect that the end link on that side is loose.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
End link?

could you explain in more detail what you mean. Sorry just don't want to be confused. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
That sounds exactly like the endlink is loose at the strut, which is common. Torque it down to 85 ft-lbs and use red locktite. Hopefully it doesn't spin on you or you are going to be in trouble. See if you can get a passenger to "feel" the noise, if that makes sense. I could "feel" the endlink popping on the drivers side before I replaced them.

Item 3 in the pic is the endlink.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.