Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who has installed non emission heads on a 5.0l? what was done to smog tubes in rear of heads? anything else need to be done to smog set up?

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
you can get rid of it all . The heads you need to plug off the hole in the back of the heads . pm ghostdog50 he knows what size bolt to use . You also have to plug off the hole in the H pipe where the tube goes in . Then you can get rid of the smog pump and all that junk .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fordgazm said:
you can get rid of it all . The heads you need to plug off the hole in the back of the heads . pm ghostdog50 he knows what size bolt to use . You also have to plug off the hole in the H pipe where the tube goes in . Then you can get rid of the smog pump and all that junk .
the heads i want to use have no smog holes.can i plug holes in metal tube at rear of heads and leave rest of smog system in car.will this set a check engine light?

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
You could , but you may as well get rid of it .

·
Registered
27 Posts
All of my tubes etc.. are pluged off or removed and I do not have a check engine light. No worries.. Good Luck.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
I removed all of my smog equipment, including the EGR valve. I turned off the thermactor pump and egr system with my Tweecer. It ran fine without any smog equipment without the tweecer though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.