Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone. My name is Jay...
Ill be assisting MCRParts in thier section of the forum... But there is a separate intro there for that.

This is my 2003 Mustang "Demona" sometimes referred to as the Gargoyle:

(well, that was supposed to be a picture, but I guess a link to the picture will have to do)

The car is a 3.8 Automatic, with aspirations of being more than that :gringreen

Not too many mods actually ON the car at the moment, but plenty awaiting install !
I have a 4.2 block that will get bored .050 over and then receive some forged internals. A Dirtyd0g built auto with a 3000 stall converter. SSM stage 3 heads (which will go on the existing engine this spring) Mild cam (also going on the existing 3.8) A dual exhaust with Flowmaster 40's (also this spring)Windstar upper intake manifold. 01 lower manifold (no IMRCs)
Once the 4.2 (then a 4.3) is built, then the FI comes into play. I am planning on going the supercharger route, haven't decided which one yet, however.

Now what may make what I am doing to my car a bit different, is that I am doing it on a "build as inexpensively " as possible idea.
The parts that I already have, 4.2,trans,heads,cam,exhaust,TC, I have a grand total of 3200 invested. most of these items were bought "second hand" and therefore much cheaper than brand new.
I am also doing most of the install work myself, with some help when its something that requires a second set of hands.
My original goal was to have a V6 that would make GT power (the H/C/I should accomplish that) for less than the difference in price.
My goal changed when I fell upon the motor/trans combo deal at a price I couldnt believe. Now my goal is excess of 500 hp. I know what it will take to get there and I am going to take my time and do it right !

If you looked at the link, you noticed (no doubt) the hood/headlights/and cobra bumper. This was supplied to me by a lovely gentleman who failed to enter traffic properly. He got hit by a car heading towards me while I was stopped for a red light. It changed his direction and he hit me head on. $8900 worth of damage.
This happened not even 6 months after I bought the car. It was close to being totaled, but not quite there. The shop I took it to did a fantastic job on the repairs, allowing me to go see the work in progress . They took no shortcuts where others would have.

And that, is the cars life story to present.

Best 1/4 mile to date is 15.7 at 86 mph. Only mods: handheld tune and 3.73 gears. That was also with the rims in the above pic on it (very heavy rims, now sold, back on lighter stock wheels)
Compared to a newer GT thats not great. But for a mostly stock 6, I will take it.

Cant wait to see the difference the H/C/I will do :happyhapp

Comments and questions are welcome

Attachments

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Jay :yourock: Because you have joined.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Hiya, welcome to the site. I see that signature works... :D

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site!!!

·
Super Moderator
39,979 Posts
welcome to the site,enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the forums... Glad you joined us!!

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
:hello: and :welcome , Enjoy the site!! :happydancer:
Be sure to post some pictures into your gallery soon!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the warm welcome :) I will get some good pics for the gallery soon. All the pics I have are a touch outdated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.