Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up an off road H pipe for my 91 GT AOD. Problem is that it has no connection for what looks to be an air tube that runs down to the H part of the stock pipe. New to the car so looking for some advice. DO I have the wrong pipe/ betteroff getting a pipe that has the connection (if so any suggestions for brands very welcome)?
Or, is there a simple way to eliminate or block off the air tube + if so where do you suggest I do that. The back end is obviously easy to get to but I have no idea where the thing even goes once up into the engine bay?

I am guessing this has been addressed previously but I searched and couldnt find it. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
18 Posts
That air tube goes to the smog pump and off road pipes dont use it. You can weld up the end of it, or find something to close it. If you want you can take off the smog pump and just put on a smog pump delete.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was reading up this morning and saw a couple articles that said if you block off that air tube it can damage the smog pump?

·
Registered
18 Posts
All the smog pump is for is emissions and since your putting an off road h pipe on i assume you really dont care about emissions.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
yea do not block off the tube if you arent goin to eliminate the smog pump. and if you take it out, then you should take out the hose too, so there is no reason to cap it off. my mac prochamber off road pipe has a provision for the secondary air tube, and i think bbk pipes do too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like I might end up getting a pipe with the provision for the air tube- although I 'don't care' about emissions at the moment a time will come when I'll want to bolt the factory pipe back up and be emissions/ inspection legal...weasy enough to switch the pipe back but dont want to add to the job by having to re-install the pump, etc.

Thanks for your help everybody!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thought it over a bit I think once I get the old pipe off I'll fab up a pipe like the air tube pipe coming off the stock h-pipe then drill/weld it onto the off road pipe that I have....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.