Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my C5 2 months ago and I'm getting the itch for another car. I'm going to look at a '98 GT vert with 50K miles tomrrow and was wondering if there are any specific things I should be looking out for on '98s...new to Fords since I've been a GM man all my life. Any tips or guidance you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Change for the better

:eyepoppin
You won't like the lack of performance, but these cars are industructible and are comfortable to drive. :cool:

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
If looks arent an issue for you then I would try to find a 99. The prices should be similar and the 99 has more power. 260hp and 302lbs torque for the 99 vs 225hp and 286lbs torque for the 98. Neither car has any real major issues to look out for.

But like David said, its a drop in performance compared to what your used too.
Not a bad car either way.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I would definitley cough up the extra dough to get a 99. The horsepower difference is very noticeable. If you do decide on a 98, though, watch out for cracks at the front of the intake manifold right behind the alternator.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input fellas. Was supposed to check out the car yesterday, but the seller seems to have been unexpectedly out of town. I'll keep looking!

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
There should be no problem finding a good 99+ GT on the market. They're all over the place here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.