Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys on the 19th I am going to go to Northeast Dragway in NC. This is my first time to hit the drag strip and really looking forward to it. I aint looking to do anything amazing I just wanna go out and have some fun. So my question is any tips or hints and also if anyone is in the area wanna join up.

·
Registered
326 Posts
With your auto tranny, after you stage, push the brake to the floor with your left foot and raise the rpms to around 1500 with your right foot. On the third yellow, let off the brake and mash the gas. By the time you do that, the green will have gone off and you will have a good launch and good reaction time. If you spin too much, don't get the rpms as high when you launch. After that, hold on and enjoy the ride my friend. Have fun!

·
Registered
326 Posts
And make sure to report back with your times! With the 4.10s, id expect around a 10.00 for the 1/8. I run a 10.00 with my 3.73's, and you have 4.10s, so you may even go faster. Plus you may have lighter wheels haha. Anyways, go have fun and tell us how it went:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure will I am looking foward to this also just got my U/D pullies and will be putting them in this weekend as well.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
And make sure to report back with your times! With the 4.10s, id expect around a 10.00 for the 1/8. I run a 10.00 with my 3.73's, and you have 4.10s, so you may even go faster. Plus you may have lighter wheels haha. Anyways, go have fun and tell us how it went:bigthumbsup
LOL a 10 flat? you must have been ITCHING for 9's after seeing that timeslip...:laugh:

Sure will I am looking foward to this also just got my U/D pullies and will be putting them in this weekend as well.
when you get out there your going to be so glad you installed gears and a t-lock.
i've ran a personal best of 10.1 @ 70.07, and notice i still have the 1-tire frier and stock 3.27's; therefore i think you can make it into the high 9's with your mods and a little practice. just focus on a good launch and good reaction time. since your an automatic you'll have good consistency and no chance of missing a shift.
have fun! be sure to post your times!

and btw what udp's did you go with? 25% or 42% ?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On the Box it says it the 42% pullies was going to put them on today however the rain kinda flooded my chances today:so. Actually looking forward to this. Also what type of helmet should I get I notice there are a ton of them just want a basic helmet nothing to fancy.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
On the Box it says it the 42% pullies was going to put them on today however the rain kinda flooded my chances today:so. Actually looking forward to this. Also what type of helmet should I get I notice there are a ton of them just want a basic helmet nothing to fancy.
that track makes you wear a helmet?
lame...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it does or at least heard from people guess i can call to make sure.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just went to there home page they say helmets are require for race day for insurance reasons and your own safety. so need to get one of those then

·
Registered
326 Posts
hmm thats weird. At my track, you dont have to wear a helmet til you hit the 13's

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just to let people know around the Va and NC area most of the 1/8 and a few of the 1/4 mile tracks are now require that you have a helmet for safety and insurance reasons no matter what your time is.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well today's the day just checked the weather going to be pretty good with temps around 80 hopefully around 7pm it starts to cool down. I'll post my times when get back hopefully I hit 10 sec or maybe high 9:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well my best time is a 10.1 at 70. I probably could have gotten better but it was my first time out so I was a little nervous will be going out again in a couple weeks and should do a little better. and hopefully be a little cooler it was about 89 out there and a little toasty.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hey nice job:bigthumbsup! Did you spin at all? What rpms did you launch at? Most importantly, did you have fun? Definitely go again sometime. Your times may improve with experience.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
hey not bad.

that's my best time too :gringreen

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had a great time, on the starts I was just a little slow just for my first time. My tires didn't spin from the 1500 launch but during my shifts it when they would churp a lil bit. and that's from the stock diablo tune. I will be going next friday again and yeah that was fun.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I had a great time, on the starts I was just a little slow just for my first time. My tires didn't spin from the 1500 launch but during my shifts it when they would churp a lil bit. and that's from the stock diablo tune. I will be going next friday again and yeah that was fun.
nice...

shoot for the 9's :thumbsup:

·
Registered
326 Posts
+1 on the 9's. After i get my car back from the body shop, i will be taking her to the track. Shooting for 15.40 in the 1/4 and a 9.99 in the 1/8.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.