Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1967 "C" code fastback, door tag numbers all match the apron? tag (underhood). I see all over that you can get a new door tag done with your numbers, but have never seen an apron? tag for sale. Mine is all rusty, any ideas on where i can purchase one? New to forum, appreciate any and all replies!:eyepoppin

2004 Black Mach 1 Flowmasters/K&N air filter
1967 Red (new paint job, chrome off) Fastback, GT rear valance, custom front grille, 4V duel flowmasters, 289 or 302 not sure, 2004 GT tires and rims, upgraded sound system, new leaf/coil springs, manual steering/brakes. Not finished

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One additional thing, this tag is located on the wheel well, driver's side! Maybe this will help!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's it!! Buck tag. Mine is all rusty, any place to get a new one are do you just clean it up and repaint?
Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
Twister said:
it is not a tag, it is stamped into the fender apron, and it can not be replaced
He's not lying. on my '67 hardtop it also has a tag screwed onto the top of the driverside fender.

·
Banned
4,476 Posts
bradsalex said:
He's not lying. on my '67 hardtop it also has a tag screwed onto the top of the driverside fender.
for some reason, the buck tag on California built cars is on the core support, so I forget about you guys with the Jersy and Dearborn cars...

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Hello.:)Up until the 67 model year Metuchan was the only plant building mustangs that put buck tags on the cars. Then they started putting them on the Dearborn cars. No San Jose car came with one until the 69 model year.You can have a new one made for you by Marti, the same guy that does the door tags.Hope that helps.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.