Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home from work last friday I'm waiting at a red light about 6 blocks from home, and a fellow in a very nice 1989 IROC pulls up beside me. He unrolls his passenger window and is saying something to me. I have The Cult cranked to about 11 (this one gowes to 11, mate!), and have to lower my window to hear him.

"Holy s#it, is that an 06?"
"Yup."
"Man, that is a f**k'n sweet ride, I *love* the look of those. How's it go?"
"No complaints. Lots of horses."

I pull over in a minimall parking lot and he follows me, let him check out the Stang, and this fellow is just drooling.

I'm looking at his IROC and it's in immaculate shape. Nice oversize tires on the rear end, great looking meaty 5-spoke mags, louvres, leather interior and not a mark on it. Very healthy sounding growl too.

Talking with the fellow for about 10 minutes, turns out he's the original owner. Had it since '89 and he babies it. After bs'ing for a bit he shakes my hand, congratulates me on my car and goes on his way. I think a fellow like that should be an example to car enthusiasts in general.

It doesn't matter if you drive a Ford, GM or Chrysler. When you see a nice car, and genuinely appreciate it, throw out some respect. I'm just waiting to run into someone with a 1971 Barracuda with the 426 Hemi. :worship

And before I go too far... there's no such thing as nice rice.:happyhapp

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah i see what your saying. ive had this happen to me once as well except from a young woman maybe 22-25 in that area. she was driving her a 95 red Z28 and i drove to the light with my 98 atlantic blue v6. we made a conversation just out of how beautiful both cars look and basically had a general respect for both vehicles not based on engines or 0-60 times but out of the iconic nameplates. :)

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Wow that is respect. Too bad there aren't more guys on the road like that. It would be a lot friendlier place.

·
Registered
361 Posts
That IS total respect. Some guy started a thread a day or so ago asking 'why' we're against certain other automakers. My complaint was their pushy, nasty attitudes about my own choice in ride. Sooo glad to see that they're not all like that!! :worship

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I am kicking myself for selling my 88 Iroc. Have you seen how much those cars are going for these days? Especially a Converatable with a L98 5.7 and leather. The 3rd gen camaro IROCZ is one of the best looking cars I've ever owned. I also like the 70-73 split bumper and of course the 69 RS/SS package, didnt like the 4th gen much, but they sure were fast! I like any ...i mean any!! American Muscle car, they are just the coolest things on wheels no matter how fast or slow they were. I've always been a Chevy guy by heart, but I always respected Fords and Mopars, its just the right thing to do.:tongue

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
those irocs are the shizzz. i would love to have one with t tops to compliment my 5.0, because i like rockin the late 80s early 90s style. afterall they are the next to become classic rides.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, a little update. Just at lunch today, an absolutely gorgeous firetruck-red 1965 GT fastback pulls up beside me. We're checking each other out, grinning and makin' some noise. Damn, I love the sound of those old carbureted V8s! I wished I had my camera phone on me.

His ride looked like this one, but red, and without the stripe on the door.
http://www.avonhill.com/thumbnails/coupe_domestic/1965_Mustang_GT-K.jpeg

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
oh man, the color of that 65 fastback takes me back to when i was a kiddo. as far back as i can remember, i think i was 5 or so. My mom had a 65 notch, 4 on the floor, that same amber color and torque thrust mags. she would row through the gears while flipping off the dude that cut her off in traffic.

what a great role model.
beautiful color too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.