Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I went ahead and installed MAC axlebacks on my 2005 GT this weekend.
INCREDIBLE! The sound of this exhaust reminds me of my old 1970 Mach 1 351C and that had Hooker Super Competition Headers and 4" exhaust.
This afternoon someone asked me if I had removed the mufflers.

Tomorrow everyone sitting in rush hour traffic will get to experience this sound symphony. LOL. :eyepoppin

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I loved mine! Until I took it on the highway... gosh that drone in the low 2000 RPM's and under load... :sosad:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Absolutely. Right around 1800-2000 rpm the sonic wave slices through the interior. It's only in that range however and once you get beyond that, it's not too bad. I will see how long it takes before the honeymoon is over and it starts to become annoying. Then I will probably go the direction you went.

Are you still running the JBA's?

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Jupp, they're there to stay... all the rest will be new this week but the JBA's stay! Sound and looks is better than stock with NO drone!

I drive in hilly terrain, CC on at 70 or so MPH... a bit slower due to traffic drone, having to accelerate drone, up hill, and we're talking hills! OMG! I went to stock! And then swapped the MACs for the JBAs with Dave who's a weekend brawler and wanted some more tunes, can't blame him!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had the MAC's. I loved the deep sound they had but the drone was pretty bad. I have the Loudmouths now and they're awesome. I finally installed my C&L intake I had sitting around and the sound has gotten louder and much better. I've kind of gotten addicted to it. I just ordered a Bassani off-road X-pipe that'll really make her scream. Eventually, I'd like to get some headers.

On a side note, If anyone lives reasonably close to Charlotte, NC, there's a souvenir event going on at Lowes Motor Speedway the day after Thanksgiving. If you buy a ticket to a future race, or $50 in souvenirs, or donate $25 to some charity, you get to drive your car 2 laps around the track. I know I'll be there. I don't care much for NASCAR souvenirs, but I'm gonna buy a ticket to the Coca-Cola 600 next May. I went to my first race last month and it was outstanding. Can't wait to get my car out on that track.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
any sound clips of those MACs? I never found their home website so....

·
Registered
273 Posts
yep.....traded my JBAs to KJ for his MACS. i love the MACs. they rattle the house windows on start-up and when i get on it....but i love the sound. and KJ is right....im a week-end brawler. have had my GT since Feb. and only 2800 miles on it. lol

and im buying KJ's Bassani X-pipe and CAI for added sound. :eyepoppin and installing the FRPP shorty headers next spring. What can i say? i love the sound of a loud exhaust.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Tw0scoops123, I will try to get a MAC soundbyte posted soon.
It seems that you can a find a sound sample for every axleback out there except for the MAC.

Oh the website is http://www.macperformance.com/

·
Registered
20 Posts
Try this sound clip.... It's not Mac but it is one fine muffler.

grabthepower.com - Click on Sounds, then FORD in drop down menu, then MUSTANG in drop down menu, then choose 2005 Manual or Auto.

This is a really unique sounding system and there is absolutely no popping/tumbling when you back er' down.

I had Mac True Flow's on my 96' with the off-road H pipe, they were great at idle & acceleration but just popped way too much below 2000 on deceleration, mine sounded like gun shots.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts