Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for those of us who ordered early & didn't take delivery & probably won't anytime soon.Ordered 2-12 nuff said!!Count me as a person who is

PISSED OFF AT FMC!!!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm mildly annoyed and prepared to take my business elsewhere but not THAT upset. I won't let a car or car company have that kind of control over me.

Go for a run, shoot some watermelon, have a drink...whatever lets you relax. I definitely feel for ya and the rest of us who ordered and have no information about the delay but this should not cause undue distress.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have to jump on your wagon not happy either i think there is more issues with these cars than we think go on the mustang source and check out some threads on there think im backing out

·
Registered
164 Posts
Me too man, me too!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just for those of us who ordered early & didn't take delivery & probably won't anytime soon.Ordered 2-12 nuff said!!Count me as a person who is

PISSED OFF AT FMC!!!!!

I thought your car was on the way?

·
Registered
244 Posts
so i'm thinking.. public news about a problem are bad news, right? Who knows a well respected journalist who would call Ford and ask what's up? From experience on other domains, a journalist call tends to speed things up A LOT.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am not happy with Ford either.

I believe they have done a poor job of keeping the customer informed of what is going on.

And if the 6/20 date is correct for the hold I doubt I get my car before July.

That would be about 100 days sitting in a parking lot.
Not sure I want a car that I special ordered that has sat outside in a parking lot for that long. If I wanted to go that route I would have waited until I found one sitting a a dealer somewhere later this year.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Im with you guys, I am very close to canceling my order!! How come the dealers are getting some, I don't think there is a major problem with the cars, because other dealers are getting them for inventory! But I am #$%# off :fuming:

·
Registered
231 Posts
I must say with dealers having cars sitting on their lots, im not too happy. I havent waited not as long as some of you guys. But when i see how things are being handled by Ford. I too am thinking of bowing out. Even after 6/20 hold release, if thats the date. It will take along time to clear and ship all the Mustangs sitting there. Looks like to me that Ford took care of the dealers first, them the customers. Ronn

·
Registered
567 Posts
I agree with Ron the dealers got just enough to create more of a buzz!!! GRR I ordered mine March 29th and theres alot of guys on here who ordered way earlier than me like February and January! Seriously Ford why make us wait this long, keep pushing us and we might just leave you with a ton of cars on the lots until you give some huge incentives! Sad things is Im letting my 10 GT sit and its been sitting so long I have gotten bald spots in my tires!!!

·
Registered
927 Posts
while I don't own/ or have ordered a 2011 mustang, I think we should give ford a break. its the first year of this engine and that are trying to make sure that when it gets to you. it doesn't act up. they are probably working out all the quirks so they don't send out some lemons. if i was on the waiting list, id rather wait longer for them to do it right then for them to rush and be skeptical. just my 02 cents

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am not sure what the issue is but I doubt if there are any motor issues. That is pure specualtion. I was one of those with a car on order. Yes I was tired of waiting. I took the bull by the horns and put feelers out to every dealership I knew. I had a promise from all of them if a car arrived fitting my description to call me. I received a call last Friday afternoon and within two hours I was driving my new car. Was it the car I ordered? Of course not. This one had more options than the one I ordered but that was OK. I know it sucks waiting as I was there. Sit tight. Trust me when I tell you that you will only appreciate it that much more when you are finally driving your new Stang!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Time goes by quick, before you know it this will be a distant memory, and you'll be driving your cars. Be patient, I'm sure it's not the first time you've experienced a backorder or out of stock situation. Not to equate this to that, but it's the same premise. The more you want it the longer it seams. You know what they say about staring at a phone waiting for it to ring!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am not happy with Ford either.
That would be about 100 days sitting in a parking lot.
Not sure I want a car that I special ordered that has sat outside in a parking lot for that long. If I wanted to go that route I would have waited until I found one sitting a a dealer somewhere later this year.
I feel the same way, if I do decide to take delivery, the car will be up on a hoist at the dealers, and I will inspect every nut and bolt before I sign for any delivery. Mine was built May 4 and has been sitting outside in the weather probably longer now, than it will the rest of it's life.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I wouldn't say they're making fun--most are quite sympathetic due to the issues with the early Camaro production runs and the R6P fiasco.

The simple fact is that all of these new ponycars are making more power than ever before on an obscene budget. These cars must meet all emissions and safety standards plus be guaranteed with a long powertrain warranty. Now multiply that by 100k yearly production. Customers expect a car that can idle in 110 degree heat in stop-and-go traffic without boiling over or start up in -40 below weather and hit 100 mph for the morning commute to Yellowknife. Ten years ago, the new 5.0 would have been considered so exotic that the GT would cost a minimum of $50k. To go from $50k to $32k with a full warranty and modern ULEV standards is an incredible feat of production engineering.

·
Banned
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I thought your car was on the way?
Yeah it's been on the way since it was built on 4-5.Last i knew it was in Twin Oaks Pa. about 150 miles away.Should have been here by now if it were truly on the way.Other members say theirs have been stuck at RAMP 5R or RAMP 5P just like RAMP 51.

FORD & the dealer have until the latest ETA June 20th to come through.Not a threat just a fact!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I ordered mine on 1/30 and just received my VIN yesterday. The build date in 6/8 and ETA (I don't believe this) is 6/13. I am in Ohio though, so IF it doesn't end up parked somewhere, I might get it. Just have to be patient guys, because there is no other choice (I've driven the SS and the Challenger). I'd take the Challenger over the SS btw. When your car makes it home to daddy, all will be well again. If you cancel and get something else, that regret will last a LONG time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I can remembar back in 1999 I ordered a cobra. after about a month they had a recall because it was't puttin down the 320hp they said it would. new intake, exhaust,flash. it was so bad they didn't make the cobra in 2000. I also ordered a 11 GT on 4-26 just checked with my dealer and the eta is still on the 8th of june. hang in there lets let ford get these cars right so we don't end up with what toyota had. but that won't happen because ford mustangs ain't jap made.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yeah it's been on the way since it was built on 4-5.Last i knew it was in Twin Oaks Pa. about 150 miles away.Should have been here by now if it were truly on the way.Other members say theirs have been stuck at RAMP 5R or RAMP 5P just like RAMP 51.

FORD & the dealer have until the latest ETA June 20th to come through.Not a threat just a fact!
was that your last eta?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.