Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 65 mustang single berrel carb. the gas isint going into the carb. i can blow air though both filters so there not cloged. i pourd some gas in the line but its not getting pumped in. also when the line is disconnected and the gas petle is pumped ther is no gas coming out, I think my fuel pump is next to my blocked hooked up to the middle of my distubuter cap., does this sound like a bad fule pump, also b4 when i could get it started it would cut out on the road like it had bad gas but not die unless i came to a stop then it would die.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
i have a 65 mustang single berrel carb. the gas isint going into the carb. i can blow air though both filters so there not cloged. i pourd some gas in the line but its not getting pumped in. also when the line is disconnected and the gas petle is pumped ther is no gas coming out, I think my fuel pump is next to my blocked hooked up to the middle of my distubuter cap., does this sound like a bad fule pump, also b4 when i could get it started it would cut out on the road like it had bad gas but not die unless i came to a stop then it would die.
Not sure if this is the second post by you on the same issue.:so You have a mechanical fuel pump and if you are not getting gas from the line when cranking it over there is either no fuel in the tank or the pump itself is no good. If you have both then you will see gas flowing. The diaphram is more than likely shot in the old pump. Fuel pumps go out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
yes it is people said the classic section is good place for help
thanks for your help

Test your Fuel pump to see if its good. Unhook the fuel hose that goes to the carb. Try pumping gas and starting the car. Someone other side testing as one person is starting. If no fuel squirts out, or no air preasure -> change your fuel pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts