Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I JUST FOUND OUT MY COMPUTER(BRAIN) IS NO GOOD IN MY 96 V6!!!!! WHERE CAN I GET A NEW ONE? HOW MUCH DO THEY COST? THIS REALLY SUCKS!!!!!!!:mad:

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Go to Ford or Napa. Prepare to spend $100-$200 on a rebuilt one and possibly more for a new one.

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
NEWBE17 said:
I JUST FOUND OUT MY COMPUTER(BRAIN) IS NO GOOD IN MY 96 V6!!!!! WHERE CAN I GET A NEW ONE? HOW MUCH DO THEY COST? THIS REALLY SUCKS!!!!!!!:mad:
try stangparts.com, or GEFracing.com

who says your computer's no good, and why?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kscoyote said:
try stangparts.com, or GEFracing.com

who says your computer's no good, and why?
well the check engine light wouldnt go off so my mechanic took it to his shop to check it out, and no codes were coming up! but he said he found the problem? ill have to call him today and find what is exactly wrong. Ill let you know when he tells me.

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
NEWBE17 said:
well the check engine light wouldnt go off so my mechanic took it to his shop to check it out, and no codes were coming up! but he said he found the problem? ill have to call him today and find what is exactly wrong. Ill let you know when he tells me.
It's probably not your computer. There are plenty of cases where a CEL won't give you a code.

It starts and runs, right?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya everything works- fine. He changed out the oxygen sensors. Ill give him a call right now and find out whats up and let you know.:cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
NEWBE17 said:
Most of your local parts stores can get direct replacements or jthe dealer they are a little bit more$$

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
If the car is running, it's probably not the computer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.