Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bough my 2002 GT. It has had two previous owners. The guy i bought it from didn't do any of the work to the car. The original owner did all the work. It has a few bolt ons, C & L Performance cold air intake, throttle body, upper plenum, spacer, and Mass Airflow Sensor. Only problem is, he installed the Mass Airflow Sensor calibrated with the stock injectors. Now i personally think that is pointless. I wanna get 24lb Fuel injectors and now i have to buy a bigger MAF calibrated with 24lb injectors.

So who else has bought a mustang and something "not so smart" was done to the car?

·
Registered
478 Posts
how about someone but 20s on a mustang causing it to mess up the shocks everytime theres a bump and everytime you would turn it would scrap the fender:nono::nono::nono:

·
Registered
478 Posts
it wasn't my car but my friends 01 v6:nono:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how about someone but 20s on a mustang causing it to mess up the shocks everytime theres a bump and everytime you would turn it would scrap the fender:nono::nono::nono:
Dude 20's on a mustang is just dumb. I have 18in cobra wheels on mine and they are great. Not too big, they look great. Im at work right now, i wanna put up some pics when i get home in the morning.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
bought my 01 asked the dealer has this ever been in a accident NO! checked car fax nothin had 1 owner got her home did my first oil change noticed my radiator support is all pushed up its been in a accident rear bumbers are crushed as well and the body is kinda tweaked, like the passanger door has a hard time shuttin and driver side has a bigger gap than stock. but i lover her the same. but next time i buy a car im checking it all over. but i guess you live and learn

·
Registered
141 Posts
mine was barely driven. immaculate body and interior, seems like all TSBs taken care of, lots of new parts put in by Ford, very clean.

EXCEPT, rear bumper..it had 3 deep holes in it that the original owner had covered with reflective tape and told ford that its because they wanted to be safe at night. jacka$$.

i took off the tape 2 days after buying the car and took it back to the dealership and showed them the damage. the manager got the entire bumper re-painted for me though..so..go Ford!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mine was barely driven. immaculate body and interior, seems like all TSBs taken care of, lots of new parts put in by Ford, very clean.

EXCEPT, rear bumper..it had 3 deep holes in it that the original owner had covered with reflective tape and told ford that its because they wanted to be safe at night. jacka$$.

i took off the tape 2 days after buying the car and took it back to the dealership and showed them the damage. the manager got the entire bumper re-painted for me though..so..go Ford!
OH wow...i would of been pissed! But at least they fixed it for ya free of charge :laughlitt

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Mine had a Spectre air filter element on it when I bought it. And they didn't use a MAF adaptor, they just left the stock airbox part where it bolts to the MAF, and then used the lip where the stock air filter pushes onto, and band clamped it down. There was so much restriction, when I hit the gas, the air intake tube collapsed in on itself. It had a stock airbox on it the next day.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
hockey, im just curious, but why exactly do you want 24# injectors?? are u looking to put a S/C on it sometime soon?? :confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.